Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Game Engine Comes To Linux

Phoronix: A New Game Engine Comes To Linux

Confirmed yesterday was a new version of a popular but proprietary game engine that will work on Linux with its next release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5MjE

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    If you were hoping this "A New Game Engine Comes To Linux" news item was going to be about Valve's Source Engine, in hopefully a few hours I'll be allowed to share some great Linux gaming news....
    That was the only reason I clicked the link...

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
      That was the only reason I clicked the link...
      You fell for it...

Comment

You tease
        Still grate that more engines are comming to Linux.

Comment

It looks like floodgates are finally opening.

Comment

My bet is they [VALVE] won't let Michael tell us anything considerably new.
            Gabe refused to comment further about his 'Linux team' he currently works with in a recent interview.
            So basically, having VALVE deal with Linux in some ore the other way is not a rumour anymore.
            On the other hand, I think they'll keep Steam & Source Engine on Linux news non-official until E3 or so (if this becomes real at all).
            It would be completely untypical for Valve to refuse comments on such a rather 'big' thing and then let it slip out that way.

Comment

serious question: did anybody knew that engine OR any of the games mentioned in the article BEFORE you read it? I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                serious question: did anybody knew that engine OR any of the games mentioned in the article BEFORE you read it? I didn't.
                Me neither...

Comment

A few hours, scilence... A really strange move - to invite a journalist and then not allow him to share any information.

Comment

Originally posted by shatsky View Post
                    A few hours, scilence... A really strange move - to invite a journalist and then not allow him to share any information.
                    Well, speculating a bit.
                    It could be that VALVE is mildly interested in the benchmarking "expertise", and not in the rather tiny part of Michael also being "some sort of" journalist.
                    As I see it, Phoronix mainly serves as advertising platform for PTS, OpenBenchmarking, etc., to acquire new potential customers.
                    So this NOT a typical news site IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X