Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Looking Open-Source Game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Zero-K for now

    But this is more CPU intensive rather than GPU side. Its game for logics rather than for eyes.






    Another game using same engine, Evolution RTS.



    Both built-upon SpringRTS engine.

    Comment


    • #22
      Tests I'm most interested in:
      OpenCL tests comparing GTX580/GTX680, Radeon 68xx/69xx/79xx.

      Power/idle usage are also useful. I don't care as much about the max graphics performance, as I'm sure it's probably fine, but the GPU compute speed interests me greatly.

      Comment


      • #23
        I tip on AlienArena and Xonotic.

        OpenArena is missing some essential finacial things and is not developed since 2010.

        Also, phoronix-test-suite is apparently capable to frag! Is this a new "feature"?

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          I tip on AlienArena and Xonotic.

          OpenArena is missing some essential finacial things and is not developed since 2010.

          Also, phoronix-test-suite is apparently capable to frag! Is this a new "feature"?

          It turns out there's actually a new OpenArena release from this year that I discovered today when writing this article... It does have GLSL support, better bloom, and a few other refinements. Here's a result file showing the old OpenArena 0.8.5 versus the new OpenArena 0.8.8 results, the frame-rate drops a lot - http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PTS-NEWOPENA54

          The test profile is already available for those who want: http://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/openarena-1.5.0
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #25
            @Michael

            why not integrate a benchmark based on the TA-Spring engine?

            sure we know this is "work" but maybe just ask for donation to do this?

            Iím sure you will get more readers because TA-Spring engine is used by many gamers world wide.

            and with high settings you really need fast hardware.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              @Michael

              why not integrate a benchmark based on the TA-Spring engine?

              sure we know this is "work" but maybe just ask for donation to do this?

              Iím sure you will get more readers because TA-Spring engine is used by many gamers world wide.

              and with high settings you really need fast hardware.
              Because as far as I know there still is no proper automated support for handling it within the Spring engine compared to other open-source engines. And I don't see enough donations coming in for it to be worthwhile to add support to the Spring engine myself.

              I don't see it bringing in any significant number of new readers... You're the only one that's ever even requested it.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #27
                I am one of the Alien Arena developers and would be happy to add any features needed to help support benchmarking. Just putting that out there.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
                  I am one of the Alien Arena developers and would be happy to add any features needed to help support benchmarking. Just putting that out there.
                  I brought it up with John Diamond before but he didn't seem interested to do anything about it after a few emails... This was probably two or three years ago though. If you could implement a timed demo mode similar to the idTech titles, etc that would be terrific! I think there may have been in the code in CRX at one point but was broken.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    vegastrike

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Yeah, vegastrike has got some nice planet shaders, but no benchmark mode.



                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X