Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    What exactly do you mean?
    Watch the body language of the people in the original pitch video. They are obviously being dishonest about something. Not to mention that as a company they've only worked on browser games.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      Watch the body language of the people in the original pitch video. They are obviously being dishonest about something.
      If dishonesty were actually obvious from body language, societies would probably work a lot better than they do.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
        If dishonesty were actually obvious from body language, societies would probably work a lot better than they do.
        I don't know about dishonesty, but they're definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. Their pitch seems extremely rehearsed, which sucks the life out of their "performance." That bit of analysis courtesy of a LotR actor commentary I just happened to watch last night. Their enunciation is really flat, for instance. I think they're not very good actors and are trying desperately to make one of these polished Kickstarter "it must be worth a lot of money" videos. Authenticity suffers. Another project noticed that having a too polished video was hurting them. I think there's a learning curve about how to make a compelling Kickstarter video; it isn't all about making the shiny.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
          If dishonesty were actually obvious from body language, societies would probably work a lot better than they do.
          http://www.bodylanguageexpert.co.uk/...ishonesty.html

          It may not be obvious to you, there are medical conditions that cause people to fail to recognize what people say in their body language, but it is obvious to some.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            http://www.bodylanguageexpert.co.uk/...ishonesty.html

            It may not be obvious to you, there are medical conditions that cause people to fail to recognize what people say in their body language, but it is obvious to some.
            That article just lists a bunch of vague signs of anxiety and gives weaselly descriptions of how they are "often" or "sometimes" (i.e. unreliably) a sign of lying, then caps everything off with a disclaimer about how these methods are really for use by unspecified "experts", with all of these assertions cited to exactly zero scientific studies. Some source you've got there.

            Comment


            • I didn't see anyone bitching about broken promises
              Last edited by Dan555a; 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                It may not be obvious to you, there are medical conditions that cause people to fail to recognize what people say in their body language, but it is obvious to some.
                I don't suppose you might have considered that the people in the video, could have medical conditions, or mannerisms / personality traits that make them not so good with cameras, and perhaps better at staring at a monitor screen all day long at code rather than putting on the best possible video presentation? I mean geez, part of me feels like you're complaining that the young musician doesn't look sexy enough, even though he/she might have a great voice and play an instrument really well. Stage presence isn't something that everyone has. Not everyone takes the time to learn it, and some people cannot learn it. I hope we don't get to the point with these Kickstarter projects where it's like some Presidential election, where people are mainly second guessing the beads of sweat on someone's brow rather than the quality of work they can probably do. It's not like these two haven't been around the block and their careers are a big mystery.

                Maybe this sort of criticism is a reason not to use promotional videos for a Kickstarter project, and instead just rely on still photos and compelling text. Of course, if you're going to try to compel with text, you'd better write well.

                Comment


                • M.O.R.E. - old school turn-based 4X space strategy game.

                  I may have missed it but I don't recall anybody mentioning M.O.R.E. - old school turn-based 4X space strategy game.

                  The developers are from my country Poland and they are commited to creating a Linux and Mac versions although making it's realease at the same time as Windows is set for a stretch goal of $80k. If they won't get to this stretch goal they will release it 3 months after the Windows version.

                  The video for this campaign is of a great quality and the game looks like a dream come true for fans of the genre. They already have $53k which is $3k more than the initial goal.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bvanevery View Post
                    It's not like these two haven't been around the block and their careers are a big mystery.
                    What have they done in their current company with the current team they are going to be using for their low budget game? Not to mention the two for the price of one pitch.

                    But don't let anyone stop you from throwing your money away. I hear Bernie Madoff was a great investment opportunity as well.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                      That article just lists a bunch of vague signs of anxiety and gives weaselly descriptions of how they are "often" or "sometimes" (i.e. unreliably) a sign of lying, then caps everything off with a disclaimer about how these methods are really for use by unspecified "experts", with all of these assertions cited to exactly zero scientific studies. Some source you've got there.
                      How do you think polygraphs work?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X