Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    It's not really "from the start" if it's 1.6 million dollars later
    Okay so bad choice of wording, it's still coming to Linux and won't be a stretch goal.

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KameZero View Post
      It's not really "from the start" if it's 1.6 million dollars later
      I think they were planning on using Unity from the get go so it was "from the start," technically. They wouldn't be able to pay the licenses for all of the middleware in Onyx or afford to port it to both Mac and Linux on a kickstarter budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
        Actually Project Eternity are supporting Linux from the start now , as they are going to use Unity FYI.

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com
        Now they are, yup. Good for them too. Still took them 1.8 million US dollars to get to that point so it wasn't from the start.

Comment

• Arakion managed to reach three of its stretch goals after being funded. Nevertheless, what's this?

Originally posted by Chris Taylor
          Now that the campaign is wrapped up there are a few things I want to mention. First and foremost is that since we got so close to the $50,000 being met, and because so many people have said they're going to pledge through paypal, I'm going to go ahead and include Fates Change and Tablet Support in Arakion!
          Guess that's five stretch goals met.

Comment

• SHAKER: An Old School RPG has Linux support as a stretch goal. But at least it's not double the initial goal... I'll have to monitor that space.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              SHAKER: An Old School RPG has Linux support as a stretch goal. But at least it's not double the initial goal... I'll have to monitor that space.
              Shaker comes off like a scam.

Project Eternity screenshot:

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Shaker comes off like a scam.
                What exactly do you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  What exactly do you mean?
                  Watch the body language of the people in the original pitch video. They are obviously being dishonest about something. Not to mention that as a company they've only worked on browser games.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    Watch the body language of the people in the original pitch video. They are obviously being dishonest about something.
                    If dishonesty were actually obvious from body language, societies would probably work a lot better than they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                      If dishonesty were actually obvious from body language, societies would probably work a lot better than they do.
                      I don't know about dishonesty, but they're definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. Their pitch seems extremely rehearsed, which sucks the life out of their "performance." That bit of analysis courtesy of a LotR actor commentary I just happened to watch last night. Their enunciation is really flat, for instance. I think they're not very good actors and are trying desperately to make one of these polished Kickstarter "it must be worth a lot of money" videos. Authenticity suffers. Another project noticed that having a too polished video was hurting them. I think there's a learning curve about how to make a compelling Kickstarter video; it isn't all about making the shiny.

Comment

Working...
                      X