Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs & Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Phoronix: Btrfs & Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

What does the Linux Btrfs file-system and Valve's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive game have in common?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3NjM

Long Life to FTRFS!

and yes nice steam linux valve work

Comment

10 to 1, if there is a binary coming is a Linux server. It nearly always is. However since Source has been ported to OS X one suspects that a Linux port wouldn't be out of the question. One would just question the business reason in that, Linux is a 1% market share and not known for its excellent drivers nor an abundance of gamers. Hard to support and the pay off is low, I still say nay.

Comment

Linux dedicated server *yawn*

Comment

If f-trees are a drop-in replacement for b-trees then btrfs shouldn't have too much trouble adapting them...

Comment

The real question is - is the fractal approach patented? Assuming corps patent even the most ridiculous stuff - I bet it is!

Comment

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\linux32

linux32

Doesn't mean much I think. The steam binary has had some code branches for linux since the original articles on phoronix and nothing came from that...

Comment

Hasn't this horse been beaten enough yet

Comment

Believe it or not - we will see a Steam Box.
                  ... running on Linux!

Hasn't Michael mentioned this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNielsen View Post
                    10 to 1, if there is a binary coming is a Linux server. It nearly always is. However since Source has been ported to OS X one suspects that a Linux port wouldn't be out of the question. One would just question the business reason in that, Linux is a 1% market share and not known for its excellent drivers nor an abundance of gamers. Hard to support and the pay off is low, I still say nay.
                    Even if Linux is just 1% for now (I doubt) when there will be games on it, there will be no reason to use windows or os x. Sadly, this games isn't something I would buy.

Comment

Working...
                    X