No announcement yet.

Ryan "Icculus" Gordon Will Be Speaking In Two Weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned Radiant, didn't I? There's nothing on the character models that I know of. No blender plugin, no standalone obj-or-whatever-format to md5 converter, and so on.

Since the models are kind of important in a game, lacking the pipeline for those would indeed make it a "not integrated toolset".

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      No blender plugin, no standalone obj-or-whatever-format to md5 converter, and so on.
      The maya import/export plugin was included so again, check your facts. Oh and if you can't find an import/export addon for blender, you aren't looking hard enough.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=md5+blender+import/export

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of a _third-party_ md5 plugin for blender. Are you aware that Maya is not free?

I wouldn't define "third-party with some bugs and lacking features" the integrated toolset you're after, "released as one integrated set, well tested".

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Are you aware that Maya is not free?
          Are you aware that you have yet to list a single game engine with an integrated toolset like Id Tech 4?

Comment

I'm saying Tech4 doesn't have one either, when discussing FOSS engines and therefore FOSS tools.

Comment

Working...
            X