Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Humble Indie Bundle Launches For Linux, Android

Phoronix: New Humble Indie Bundle Launches For Linux, Android

Besides the Linux Game Publishing shake-up, there's more Linux gaming news to report today: there's a new Humble Indie Bundle. Besides being the usual spiel of being a collection of DRM-free cross-platform games, Android mobile support was added to all of the available games...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA1MTM

Woohoo! Osmos isn't working on my ZTE Blade though. Haven't tried the others yet.

EDIT: Alas, it's not supported on my phone. Oh well!
    Last edited by Chewi; 01-31-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Crap, EDGE Extended isn't working either. The market says this one is supposed to be compatible though.

Comment

File a bug report about EDGE Extended.

Sadly World of Goo is officially not compatible. I should have expected this. It's not a high spec phone.

But the good news is Anomaly works! I wasn't interested in this one to begin with but I'm glad one of them works. It seems cool.

Comment

Just bought!
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

As World of Goo was in an older bundle already and my Ideos X3 does not support the game anyway i got the bundle for the minimum amount possible. Below 1$ you dont get a steam key btw. I only wanted to try the Android games, Osmos + Edge demos ran on my phone, but not the apks you get with the bundle. Osmos immediately crashed and Edge was only green. At least that test did only cost 1 cent

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              I only wanted to try the Android games, Osmos + Edge demos ran on my phone, but not the apks you get with the bundle. Osmos immediately crashed and Edge was only green. At least that test did only cost 1 cent
              I got the green screen too. Interesting that the demos work for you. I haven't tried those.

Comment

Anomaly

Anomaly is on the Android Market right now and has a download size of 1.73MB. The Humble Bundle provided apk is 153.4MB. There's 2 orders of magnitude difference there... an anomaly indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
                  Anomaly is on the Android Market right now and has a download size of 1.73MB. The Humble Bundle provided apk is 153.4MB. There's 2 orders of magnitude difference there... an anomaly indeed.
                  Quite often the size on Android Market is only a base installer. The rest of the game is downloaded on the first run.

Comment

I get the green screen with edge too (HTC Sensation with Android 4.0.3).
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X