Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle #4 Rakes In $1M USD In One Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Does this bundle require steam? I really don't want a steam account and will not buy anything that requires it.

    PS. Slightly off topic but kinda relevant I guess. What's the deal with physical media purchased from a physical shop STILL requiring steam and an Internet connection these days, even single player games? If I buy something through steam, fine, but I have a disc... with data on it... but no. It installs steam and then proceeds to download the game... of which I have a disc... with data on it.

    Well not really. I've never bought anything that requires steam. However browsing titles today, five of the six titles I was interested in had steam as a requirement.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
      Does this bundle require steam? I really don't want a steam account and will not buy anything that requires it.

      PS. Slightly off topic but kinda relevant I guess. What's the deal with physical media purchased from a physical shop STILL requiring steam and an Internet connection these days, even single player games? If I buy something through steam, fine, but I have a disc... with data on it... but no. It installs steam and then proceeds to download the game... of which I have a disc... with data on it.

      Well not really. I've never bought anything that requires steam. However browsing titles today, five of the six titles I was interested in had steam as a requirement.
      "Does this bundle require steam?"

      no steam is just an extra but you can play all stuff without steam.

      Comment


      • #18
        "Does this bundle require steam?"


        Of course not!!! They provide direct downlod links.. They provide BitTorrent download links.. And they provide Steam download links..

        Currently no download links for Desura though, and someone said that Team Meat told them that they don't plan on download links for their game up on Desura.. which is a bummer, but anybody can just download it and burn a CD, the old fashion way.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
          Currently no download links for Desura though, and someone said that Team Meat told them that they don't plan on download links for their game up on Desura.. which is a bummer, but anybody can just download it and burn a CD, the old fashion way.
          Why would you even need to burn it to a CD?

          I am not particularly fond of the Team Meat people though, given some of their comments about Linux in the past and this. I have nothing against Edmund McMillen himself of course.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Well, it was a joke referring to his rider and his views on internet and browsers. There he utters the classic words "I don't use browsers. I use SSH".
            He sends an email to a wget daemon which downloads the page and emails it to him<1><2>. He only needs SSH if you want him to chill in your house, just don't buy him a parrot<3>.

            <1> http://old.nabble.com/Real-men-don&#39;t...56924i660.html
            <2> http://lwn.net/Articles/262570/
            <3> https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...r/007647.html#

            Comment


            • #21
              First come, first serve: here's a Steam key for Humble Pack #3 (the last one) I don't need because I already had it: 9IVN6-40X87-L9CG7

              Comment


              • #22
                If you didn't need it then you shouldn't have redeemed it! That's why you have to press a button to get the steam key. It says clearly "All keys are for your personal use only." What you're doing is piracy!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  First come, first serve: here's a Steam key for Humble Pack #3 (the last one) I don't need because I already had it: 9IVN6-40X87-L9CG7
                  You should have just used Steam to "gift" the games to someone instead of posting the key in a honey pot.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X