Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

    Phoronix: Steel Storm 2 Game Coming For Linux

    There's going to be a successor to Steel Storm, an indie action shooter game. Steel Storm 2, however, will be a first person shooter...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAxNzk

  • #2
    Disappointed

    I'm a bit disappointed. They can work on whatever they want but "old-school FPS in the spirit of Doom and Quake", really?
    Another one? I can't think of a game category where linux is better served than in that one...

    Comment


    • #3
      yup, need like a really good rts (Which would line up better with their steelstorm1)
      also asking for money when nothing to show (not even screenshots) is a bit meh

      im already put off

      Comment


      • #4
        Sure there are lots of FPS on Linux already, although most of them are "arena deathmatch"-types. If there is a fun single player campaign in this one, why not?

        Comment


        • #5
          No thanks for games from shady company. Even for linux.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tares View Post
            No thanks for games from shady company. Even for linux.
            Would you care to elaborate? They have released a quite solid game before (even including the source-code) and I see no reason why I should distrust them (that is for 5$ ).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tares View Post
              No thanks for games from shady company. Even for linux.
              KoT is fare from a dodgy company, dunno where you get that idea from.
              anyways a $5 for a good single player FPS is far from wrong

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Julius View Post
                Would you care to elaborate? They have released a quite solid game before (even including the source-code) and I see no reason why I should distrust them (that is for 5$ ).
                Sure. I've payed for SS episode 2 in early beta to support the game and I've received the access to alpha version, but never got the full game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  No thanks for games from shady company. Even for linux.
                  can you explain why ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tares View Post
                    Sure. I've payed for SS episode 2 in early beta to support the game and I've received the access to alpha version, but never got the full game.
                    really? maybe its just a mistake ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I mean, Linux needs Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Ubisoft's Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series.(I can mention plenty of more). This is what Linux needs in the FPS world. Because yes, Linux sucks even in the FPS world despite there being 1 thousand FPS around.

                      Despite all Michaels best intentions, I'm confident in saying that NOTHING has changed for Linux in the gaming area, and I'm not joking. I'm still not sure why he is convinced of the contrary. (he never said so, but his articles lead to make us think so).


                      I'm not sure if the story around Steam for Linux is a joke, but that is the only thing that can really change gaming under Linux. All the rest doesn't count.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tares View Post
                        Sure. I've payed for SS episode 2 in early beta to support the game and I've received the access to alpha version, but never got the full game.
                        Yes, there was some problems with that. Early supporters never got the full version automatically, you had to email them about it.

                        It was a situation that was unfortunately not handled in the best of ways, and some people got quite upset, judging from the posts on the mailing list.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
                          I'm a bit disappointed. They can work on whatever they want but "old-school FPS in the spirit of Doom and Quake", really?
                          Another one? I can't think of a game category where linux is better served than in that one...
                          This... The only FPS titles that have interested me in the last 5 years was the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Everything else has been just a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                            This... The only FPS titles that have interested me in the last 5 years was the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Everything else has been just a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.
                            i do have a similar problem i only interested in the arma2 series

                            everything else has been just a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

                            sorry for using your words.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Indeed there were issues with people who pre-ordered SS:BR early. However, I got e-mails such as: "Unsubscribe me from the list", etc. When I asked why, no one ever responded. I am sorry guys, but if I pre-order anything, I am on top of things. And if I see the game coming out and I've yet to get my CDKey or copy, I e-mail devs asking what's up. We have sent e-mails to everyone who was on the PayPal and GCheckout lists. Half of those people never got back with me. Whoever got back with me got either Steam key or Desura key. We all grown ups here (I hope so), so no need to cause drama, call KiA shady and act like a spoiled brat baby.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X