Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - COOP mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein - COOP mode

    Hi

    Yesterday I found interesting projects:

    "A port of the ioquake3 cross platform SDL code to the RTCW base.

    A COOP mode is being worked on."

    http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/
    http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfmp/

  • #2
    Sweet. I got into RTCW with the Xbox release: Tides of War. That version had a split-screen coop mode, along with an additional couple of maps for the campaign (set in North Africa), and a shotgun (that you can find in many Wolf:ET servers now).

    The only thing better than one BJ is multiple BJs! (BJ Blaskowitz is what I'm referring to of course )

    Comment


    • #3
      Finally, the original port is okay, but there were a few oddities sometimes, though I am not sure if they were specific to the Linux port. I have been wanting a proper source port.

      EDIT: Well, I tried the Linux binaries, and they seemed to work until they try to load the menu. It says it can not find files in the pak files, even though they are there.
      Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
        Finally, the original port is okay, but there were a few oddities sometimes, though I am not sure if they were specific to the Linux port. I have been wanting a proper source port.

        EDIT: Well, I tried the Linux binaries, and they seemed to work until they try to load the menu. It says it can not find files in the pak files, even though they are there.
        "if you want to run the game type (from the directory where make-macosx-ub.sh is in):

        ./build/debug-darwin-i386/wolfsp.i386 and it will run (if your pk3 files are on the correct location, and if the SDL dylib is in the build/debug-darwin-i386 folder)"

        http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/issues/detail?id=14

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
          Finally, the original port is okay, but there were a few oddities sometimes, though I am not sure if they were specific to the Linux port. I have been wanting a proper source port.

          EDIT: Well, I tried the Linux binaries, and they seemed to work until they try to load the menu. It says it can not find files in the pak files, even though they are there.
          "if you want to run the game type (from the directory where make-macosx-ub.sh is in):

          ./build/debug-darwin-i386/wolfsp.i386 and it will run (if your pk3 files are on the correct location, and if the SDL dylib is in the build/debug-darwin-i386 folder)"

          http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/issues/detail?id=14"

          I think you should report this bug.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
            Finally, the original port is okay, but there were a few oddities sometimes, though I am not sure if they were specific to the Linux port.
            "Oddities"?

            First there is this issue where it outputs all OpenGL extensions that are supported by the graphics card. But it only allocated a 4096 byte string. Unfortunately modern graphics drivers support more extensions than what fits into that string so it segfaults until you patch the binary to not output the string anymore.
            Then you have a good chance that the sound won't work until you use the SDL preload hack - which is kind of tricky to get to work with the binary already patched to not output that string.

            But if you manage to get over that initial hurdles the whole game runs just fine so I guess it's "okay"...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
              "Oddities"?

              First there is this issue where it outputs all OpenGL extensions that are supported by the graphics card. But it only allocated a 4096 byte string. Unfortunately modern graphics drivers support more extensions than what fits into that string so it segfaults until you patch the binary to not output the string anymore.
              Then you have a good chance that the sound won't work until you use the SDL preload hack - which is kind of tricky to get to work with the binary already patched to not output that string.

              But if you manage to get over that initial hurdles the whole game runs just fine so I guess it's "okay"...
              The reason I removed the old binaries is because there are still a lot of bugs.
              At home I have a mac (main machine) available and a windows machine, most of the bugs happen on systems that are not mine, and these are hard to fix because these people hardly know how to find the console log files.

              I can compile linux binaries but I can't really test them.

              It would be great if you can contribute your fixes regarding the opengl extensions problem and the sound issues.

              All help is welcome, I'm working as much as possible on the project, but my time is very limited.

              About the pk3 files: look into the other_files folder, there are some new pk3 files created by us, put these in your path.

              cheers !
              fretn

              edit: because my time is limited, I currently don't work on the multiplayer code base

              Comment


              • #8
                After successfully building both Yamagi Quake II and dhewm3 I have grabbed the latest versions of this and they do work now. My question is whether or not I can play just the single-player campaign with it, and if I can, how?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                  After successfully building both Yamagi Quake II and dhewm3 I have grabbed the latest versions of this and they do work now. My question is whether or not I can play just the single-player campaign with it, and if I can, how?
                  Yes thats possible, but the cutscenes are gone as they tend to break in a multiplayer environment.

                  Just start a new game, and choose the first map, and start playing, once its finished server automaticly goes to the next map

                  Precompiled binaries are also available.
                  All feedback (or help) is welcome !

                  http://www.rtcwcoop.com/

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X