Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postal III On Linux Is Kaput For Now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    But Michael LOVES to use german words he overheard while drinking bear. Never mind that it makes me cringe everytime he does, and nevermind that they're often used slightly off of their intended meaning. At least he raises the journalistic quality of his articles by adding german expletives.
    I mentioned it earlier - kaput is found in English. It is derived from German, yes, but it's in English now. I was using it over 20 years ago, long before I started to learn German.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
      But Michael LOVES to use german words he overheard while drinking bear. Never mind that it makes me cringe everytime he does, and nevermind that they're often used slightly off of their intended meaning.
      SCNR

      10chars

      Comment


      • #18
        ScheiBe!

        Linux has been lagging behind for a while and Windows 7 has been surprisingly not sucking for a while.

        Gaming sure isn't putting Linux back on the map.

        Am I the only one feeling that Linux needs some spark again? I mean we used to have "OMG 3D desktop!", then "WTF virtualisation!", then "WOW KDE4", then "AMMAGAWD Gallium!".

        I feel like I'm lacking some reason for fanboying. I mean if Linux doesn't have at least 25% marketshare then there must be some crazy advancement/hype somewhere to be found?

        Comment


        • #19
          I've been booted into Windows 7 an awful lot this week thanks to SC2 and Civ4&5 as my laptop doesn't have a mux for the graphics card

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
            I'd still like to know what happened behind the scenes with Ryan Gordon's work on the UT3 engine... I mean, he HAD something running, didn't he? Did they just dump the whole code?
            I have a feeling much of it found it's way into the UDK given that it now supports Mac.

            Oh well... So what's the next established franchise title to hit the shelves with Linux support? Prey 2?
            I wouldn't count on it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
              I'd still like to know what happened behind the scenes with Ryan Gordon's work on the UT3 engine... I mean, he HAD something running, didn't he? Did they just dump the whole code?
              It's been bugging me for a while! Especially since he said that we wouldn't believe the reason for it not being released.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Zeroedout View Post
                It's been bugging me for a while! Especially since he said that we wouldn't believe the reason for it not being released.
                Money. He wasn't getting paid for it. UT3 sold like shit on the PC, so nobody was inclined to pay for the Linux client.

                This is inside info I can't back up with evidence. You either take it or throw it away, just like you take or throw away the Linux Steam client info that Michael talks about.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hah i see more and more people are realising Mike tends to over hype things and saying the same things i did back when he made all those posts on source and steam confirmed for linux and here we are still with nothing.

                  If you guys want to talk on a site about linux gaming that is up to date and not over hyped join my site www.gamingonlinux.com open to all (even you Mike!).

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                    If you guys want to talk on a site about linux gaming that is up to date and not over hyped join my site www.gamingonlinux.com open to all (even you Mike!).
                    a gaming website for linux is nice but phoronix isn't a gaming website.. sorry.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      a gaming website for linux is nice but phoronix isn't a gaming website.. sorry.
                      I know, it's a reason why i put up the link.

                      Mike also gives games coverage on his site, which a lot of the time he overhypes and gets it wrong and dissapoints everyone...so there is not really a point to your post.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                        There'll be no Rage
                        Looks like there is plenty of Rage. Nerd rage. It comes from failing to admit that you chose to use a platform which doesn't make a good desktop.

                        By the way, unless TTIMO dies, there will be a Rage client for linux. Until then, cope.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                          By the way, unless TTIMO dies, there will be a Rage client for linux. Until then, cope.
                          Or he gets told to "forget about it, we have other stuff for you to do".

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                            Or he gets told to "forget about it, we have other stuff for you to do".
                            ^ This...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Personally, I could care less for the game to linux ( I absolutely hate FPS with driving elements to it) if it were not for the fact that it would be nice to see at least something out there that pushes modern hardware. Other then Unigine's benchmarks there is very little to gauge a modern cards capability in Linux.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                                Personally, I could care less for the game to linux ( I absolutely hate FPS with driving elements to it)
                                you are a very very ill person. Everyone loves those games, it's like saying "I don't like nougat", that's just wrong. Everyone loves it and who don't loves it must be considered ill.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X