Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush On Linux Nears Gold

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush On Linux Nears Gold

OilRush, the first game developed in-house by Unigine Corp, the developers of the impressive multi-platform Unigine Engine, is nearing its official release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAwMDE

The game will be available on Steam for all users once the official release is made.
    I can't help but read this and think that Michael is implying something steam on linux related. I can't read anything from him without looking for steam linux innuendo.

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
      I can't help but read this and think that Michael is implying something steam on linux related. I can't read anything from him without looking for steam linux innuendo.
      Maybe, but the original Oil Rush 0.81 release announcement does not have much information to report about, so I don't think, he is implying it this time.

Comment

Ok ok ok, I'll buy it god dammit. I never play on my PC, but still have 4 sets of bundles (and every bundle includes the other bundles) plus now OilRush. Just to support Linux gaming. When will I ever have time to play them?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
          Maybe, but the original Oil Rush 0.81 release announcement does not have much information to report about, so I don't think, he is implying it this time.
          No, he's always implying it just because he thinks us arguing will net him more pageviews on ads, too bad I refuse to ever disable adblock for any site and refuse to donate to the site till he ups his game.

Comment

I was surprised to find out that Oil Rush works on the latest open source drivers. Performance is terrible, but it's a start.

Comment

There will be no Steam in 2011 and not before 2012-12-21.

Comment

Originally posted by Desti View Post
                There will be no Steam in 2011 and not before 2012-12-21.
                Harold Camping is claiming tomorrow is now the end of the world.

Comment

i test oilrush1.0 but it just don't start.

error log:

/opt/oilrush/oilrush
                  Loading "/opt/oilrush/bin/../oilrush-1.00.cfg"...
                  Loading "libNetwork_x64.so"...
                  Loading "libGL.so.1"...
                  Loading "libopenal.so.1"...
                  Set 1024x768 windowed video mode
                  X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
                  Major opcode of failed request: 34 (X_UngrabKey)
                  Serial number of failed request: 47
                  Current serial number in output stream: 47

Comment

Working...
                  X