Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine OilRush On Linux Nears Gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unigine OilRush On Linux Nears Gold

    Phoronix: Unigine OilRush On Linux Nears Gold

    OilRush, the first game developed in-house by Unigine Corp, the developers of the impressive multi-platform Unigine Engine, is nearing its official release...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAwMDE

  • #2
    The game will be available on Steam for all users once the official release is made.
    I can't help but read this and think that Michael is implying something steam on linux related. I can't read anything from him without looking for steam linux innuendo.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
      I can't help but read this and think that Michael is implying something steam on linux related. I can't read anything from him without looking for steam linux innuendo.
      Maybe, but the original Oil Rush 0.81 release announcement does not have much information to report about, so I don't think, he is implying it this time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok ok ok, I'll buy it god dammit. I never play on my PC, but still have 4 sets of bundles (and every bundle includes the other bundles) plus now OilRush. Just to support Linux gaming. When will I ever have time to play them?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
          Maybe, but the original Oil Rush 0.81 release announcement does not have much information to report about, so I don't think, he is implying it this time.
          No, he's always implying it just because he thinks us arguing will net him more pageviews on ads, too bad I refuse to ever disable adblock for any site and refuse to donate to the site till he ups his game.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was surprised to find out that Oil Rush works on the latest open source drivers. Performance is terrible, but it's a start.

            Comment


            • #7
              There will be no Steam in 2011 and not before 2012-12-21.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Desti View Post
                There will be no Steam in 2011 and not before 2012-12-21.
                Harold Camping is claiming tomorrow is now the end of the world.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i test oilrush1.0 but it just don't start.

                  error log:

                  /opt/oilrush/oilrush
                  Loading "/opt/oilrush/bin/../oilrush-1.00.cfg"...
                  Loading "libNetwork_x64.so"...
                  Loading "libGL.so.1"...
                  Loading "libopenal.so.1"...
                  Set 1024x768 windowed video mode
                  X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
                  Major opcode of failed request: 34 (X_UngrabKey)
                  Serial number of failed request: 47
                  Current serial number in output stream: 47

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X