Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Not All Roses For The Latest Humble Bundle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Larian View Post
    The whole thing strikes me as some sort of experiment by Frozenbyte to see what they can get away with. The Indie Bundles are chock full of value while the Frozenbyte bundles come off as a rush to make a quick buck. Remember that the first FB bundle was just three games with a (still!) unfinished title and a digital abortion that didn't even run under Linux. It didn't meet the mark of the Humble Bundles then and it doesn't hit that mark now. If anything, this is even worse than their freshman effort.

    This is not coming from some sense of entitlement. As it has been pointed out, I can pay one whole red cent for this bundle if I want to. I get that. But I don't want this one-game bundle enough to go to the trouble of digging out my credit card. The enticement is just not there. Mind you, I bought the first FB Bundle which really kills any sense of motivation to buy this one. The implication that I'm some kind of scum for not seeing to it that FB makes two million bucks for a relatively half-assed offering is douchebaggery.

    To those who would flame me saying "Buy it anyway to show support!" I say "Fuck you, I don't want it."
    Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
      Note: This new bundle includes Frozen Synapse, which is NOT a game created by Frozen Byte. The names are similar, but they're from different studios. This bundle does include the Frozen Byte bundle as a bonus for people paying greater than the going rate, but the new games are from different studios.
      Whoops. Sorry about that. It's mid-term week here and I didn't pay proper attention. Thanks for catching this for me.

      And I still don't want this bundle.

      Comment


      • #18
        So don't buy it. Donate and/or shut up.

        'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
        Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by zerothis View Post
          'I've been offered the chance to donate and buy a game that's worth $0.01 and I don't want to pay that much.'
          Boo flashin hoo! they sound like the selfish antisocial pirates that feel the world owes them free games; the supposed myth that the HiB was created to refute. Don't like it? Don't buy it!
          Can I assume this was directed at me?

          Comment


          • #20
            Could it be that there are just too many indie bundles in too short a time? What if they are put at least 6 months apart?

            Comment


            • #21
              I'll wait and get this bundle with the next one

              Actual I wanted to, Traume looks really good, how much time left?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Larian View Post
                Can I assume this was directed at me?
                Not really, there are a great many complaints.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by zerothis View Post
                  Not really, there are a great many complaints.
                  I'll take you at your word then. I agree you should buy it if you like it and refrain from doing so if you don't. But laying on a guilt trip because someone refuses to buy something which does not appeal to them is unacceptable. (There's a lot of that sort of behavior floating around here, too.)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The default money split is interesting. Trauma gets nothing (maybe something from the humble tip), Frozen Synapse, Frozenbyte and SpaceChem equal parts (Frozenbyte even when the donation is below average).

                    After the three "proper" bundles, they seem to be experimenting a bit now. I don't mind it (just pay what it is worth to me), but find it interesting to see what happens in different cases. Even more interesting would be some post-mortems with graphs over time, e.g. how did the amount of buyers change this time after Trauma and SpaceChem were added etc.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I would agree with that. I haven't seen any stats apart from the front page since the first HIB.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i bourght this when it was 1 game but it currently is the first indie bundle where ive not bothered playing any of the games. they dont seem bad its launch just syncs with me getting onlive working satifactorly on wine.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yeah... it's not all roses. Poor devs... only making 1 million dollars in half a month... what a failure!

                          </sarcasm>

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            http://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php Voxatron!
                            I really hope this will be part of a future HIB...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by devius View Post
                              Yeah... it's not all roses. Poor devs... only making 1 million dollars in half a month... what a failure!

                              </sarcasm>
                              The lousy part is that I didn't even notice that SpaceChem needs Mono before I downloaded the stupid thing.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
                                The lousy part is that I didn't even notice that SpaceChem needs Mono before I downloaded the stupid thing.
                                And more specifically mono-winforms... AKA something definitely not part of the ECMA standards, i.e. not covered by the community promise.
                                Heh... Heheh... Hehehehehehehe no thanks.
                                A shame really, looked like a nice puzzle game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X