Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, but

Originally posted by lexa2 View Post
    I can't agree with you on this topic. I like the thing HIB does to linux gaming and open source community thus I would like to donate them a bit of my money. On the other hand I really can't understand why had they offered a "bundle" consisting of one single game. Giving games from previous bundle in case you pay more then the current average isn't an excuse - I already have them all as I had bought every previous HIB I was aware of. So the only thing they achieve with offering solo game "bundle" is getting less money then they might get in case they would offer normal 4-5 games bundle. I had bought "Frozen Synapse" HIB for myself but I only paid $5 for it and my "split" was mostly into HIB cap. For comparison I had paid several times more for previous 3 bundles and had really enjoyed playing such beefy titles as World of Goo, Machinarium, Cogs, Crayon Physics, And Yet It Moves, Braid and Osmos. Hadn't had enough free time to give other titles from older bundles a try.

To make it short: if you offer a bundle - it should be a bundle and it shouldn't be significantly worse than previous offers of the same kind.
    they state it's only worth 25$ (which is what ~?10?). That's less than I spend on a pizza

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
      they state it's only worth 25$ (which is what ~?10?). That's less than I spend on a pizza
      Huh, that's the usual thing. Pizza, beer, snacks, e.t.c. For example average cost per 0.5L (~1 pint) of "drink-able" beer (like Krusovice Cerne) here in Moscow is about $8. Needless to say that one would consume much more that one pint during standard friday pub visit. Indie games cost significantly less and still average Moscow citizen isn't ready to pay for them the same amount of money he or she would pay for beer/pizza/e.t.c.

Comment

Only one game, with no Linux demo, no 64 bit build... I tried the win32 demo under wine (runs perfectly) and I'm glad I disliked it! I would have been seriously disapointed not being able to run the game.

I don't know why they rush bundles out like that, with no linux demos or unfinished games or only one game now (!)...

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          Only one game, with no Linux demo, no 64 bit build... I tried the win32 demo under wine (runs perfectly) and I'm glad I disliked it! I would have been seriously disapointed not being able to run the game.

I don't know why they rush bundles out like that, with no linux demos or unfinished games or only one game now (!)...

I don't mind at all that they rushed these bundles out...
          When I bought the previous bundle, I didn't spend that much on it, $20 or so I think.. Then they bundled in all those games with it, but I was having a bit of trouble getting many of the games to work due to buggy graphics drivers.. Eventually figured it out and by then the bundle was over and I couldn't donate them more money..

This bundle, I paid $60 for it.. About half of that to the EFF, another $5 to HumbleBundle and the rest to the game devs.. I didn't have any of the previous Frost games so they're all new to me.

I love seeing all the Windows users who donate maybe $4 for the bundle... And then the Linux users choosing to donate at least 2-3x that. The Windows users are only there for the bargain...

Coming from an iTunes user background, somehow I feel obligated to pay more money for DRM-free content as opposed to DRM content.. Like it's some kind of extra feature..

Being unmarried with a great job nets me a lot of extra cash, so I don't feel guilty about spending $60 on this bundle and I hope it'll help to make up for all the people who can't afford to donate that much.
          Last edited by Sidicas; 30 September 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

And again no demo for Trauma.

There's the web thing but I couldn't make it work (got stuck at 1% then black screen forever) and even if it worked in firefox it doesn't mean the downloadable version will work...

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
              Coming from an iTunes user background, somehow I feel obligated to pay more money for DRM-free content as opposed to DRM content.. Like it's some kind of extra feature..
              You know, despite being linux geek I'm a long run user of Steam and I'm pretty happy with it even under linux/wine. So in my opinion DRM isn't a bad thing per se, what mostly matters is the way it done. Still it's pretty cool to have HiB games DRM-free and I agree that it might be considered an extra feature.

Comment

I have no problem with them offering a single game

but it probably shouldn't be called a "Bundle" anymore. Call it a Humble Indie Game.

Comment

Working...
                X