Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humble Indie "Frozenbyte" Bundle 3 Slows Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    I finished the tutorial and got started with the first level (on r600g). Everything works and is stable, it's just that light sources are broken, so it's too dark. Sometimes you're just guessing what's around you.

    But like I said, at least one mesa driver works with it (I think it's nv50), so it should be fixable in reasonable time.

    As for Shadowgrounds, I got it to work, by doing the following:

    cd /usr/local/games/shadowgrounds/lib32
    chmod a-r *
    chmod a+r libboost_*
    chmod a+r libicu*
    chmod a+r libav*
    chmod a+r libPhysX*

    It doesn't crash, gets to the menu, but the menu seems dark and nothing visible happens when clicking on entries (r600g)

    Comment


    • #22
      Exactly the same thing works with Shadowgrounds: Survivor. But this one actually works and lets me play! The detail level (High Quality @ 1080p) was a bit too much for my HD 4550, though

      Comment


      • #23
        Bonuses on HFB

        Frozenbyte is comming up with some bonuses:
        http://frozenbyte.com/blog/?p=231

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Kakarott View Post
          Frozenbyte is comming up with some bonuses:
          http://frozenbyte.com/blog/?p=231
          MILESTONE BONUSES UNLOCKED:

          "The long awaited Humble Frozenbyte Bundle bonuses are here and on the top of the list is of course a cow, Daisy, from Splot.
          What this means is that all of the people who have bought the bundle can now access a playable sneak preview of Splot from their bundle downloads sites.
          This is still a work in progress and it is missing some cool combo features, but it should give a pretty good perception of what the game is going to be like.

          And this is not all, we also released more bonuses!
          - The source codes for both Shadowgrounds and SG: Survivor games.
          - Plus the level editor for Trine, which has been on the fan wishlist for long.
          So hope you guys enjoy these materials and happy weekend to all!"

          http://frozenbyte.com/blog/?p=240

          Comment


          • #25
            I just bought the bundle (paying above the linux average of course) and I decided to watch the sales values for a while to see what people are paying. As PsynoKhi0 said earlier in this thread, the first bundle made $1,2M from 138,813 sales. This bundle is currently at 159,000 sales, but only $800,000, so this indicates that there are lots of people paying way below average. And in fact during the short period of time I watched the numbers change, about 50% of the sales were below $2. I saw a few $1, $0.1 and even $0.01. That's really sad. Maybe next time there should be a minimum value. Something like $1. I don't think there's anything of real value lost if the people paying $0.01 decide that $1 is too expensive for them next time.

            Comment


            • #26
              I agree! I saw the same thing when I made my purchase. I thought about paying about $1 to download them and try them out. Then if I liked them I could go back and donate more. But I went ahead and paid $10 I think... not quite the avg linux price, but better than the avg windows/mac price. The only game I think I will end playing though is Trine. I tried the shadowgrounds games and just don't care for them.

              But yeah, even if some of those people wanted to pay .1 or .01 to see if it's even worth paying for... if the minimum is $1, I think most would still pay that just to see if they like the game.

              Comment


              • #27
                According to my rough calculations about 10% of sales are from linux users, and those 10% correspond to 25% of the total revenue. The 13.5% Mac sales correspond to 17% of the total revenue, and finally the 76.5% Windows sales correspond to only 58% of the total revenue.
                If I see one more game developer saying that linux users aren't willing to pay for software, I'll make sure I never buy anything that he produces...

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by devius View Post
                  If I see one more game developer saying that linux users aren't willing to pay for software, I'll make sure I never buy anything that he produces...
                  microsoft/sony/apple pay money to make sure no game dev support linux.

                  maybe they do this not in the official way but in the non official way.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by devius View Post
                    I just bought the bundle (paying above the linux average of course) and I decided to watch the sales values for a while to see what people are paying. As PsynoKhi0 said earlier in this thread, the first bundle made $1,2M from 138,813 sales. This bundle is currently at 159,000 sales, but only $800,000, so this indicates that there are lots of people paying way below average. And in fact during the short period of time I watched the numbers change, about 50% of the sales were below $2. I saw a few $1, $0.1 and even $0.01. That's really sad. Maybe next time there should be a minimum value. Something like $1. I don't think there's anything of real value lost if the people paying $0.01 decide that $1 is too expensive for them next time.
                    The first and second time where also with the ability to just donate 0.01$. Most people maybe gave more because some of the games where just coming out for e.g. Linux and it was more of a fresh way.
                    This 3rd bundle has Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor in it which are out for Linux long time. Splot is not released and Jack Claw is just a prototype. Only real boost would be Trine for the Linux folks. Because of it being fresh for it. And seeing Shadowgrounds: Survivor just as a part of Shadowgrounds makes it "just" 3 games in this bundle. Trine worked already good on Linux with wine and was on sell many times on Steam. I got that already and some more may also have gotten the games. So way buy again for more money?
                    But considering more people having bought this bundle then the other shows, at least myself, that people are interested in these kind of bundles but weren't happy with what was inside.

                    I paid much more then average Linux and I'm really happy with the games and especially with the guys and support from Frozenbyte.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by devius View Post
                      According to my rough calculations about 10% of sales are from linux users, and those 10% correspond to 25% of the total revenue. The 13.5% Mac sales correspond to 17% of the total revenue, and finally the 76.5% Windows sales correspond to only 58% of the total revenue.
                      This could be bad for Linux gamers in the long run though... we're showing that we'll pay more for games. I could see a windows game being released for $30, and for Linux getting charged $40 for the same game. With some excuse that it costs them more to develop it for the Linux OS.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X