Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

On Monday I reported that pre-ordering for Unigine's OilRush Linux game would be imminent. This morning, you can now pre-order this impressive game built atop the demanding but beautiful Unigine Engine...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTE2MA

I have just pre-order mine, but no confirmation e-mail received... 5 minutes ago I have purchased and waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
      I have just pre-order mine, but no confirmation e-mail received... 5 minutes ago I have purchased and waiting...
      Ditto. I can't wait to play it.

Comment

If I pre order the Linux version will I need to buy a separate copy for Windows too?

Comment

Kinda sucks you have to decide for a platform. I prefer the "buy the game once - play were you want"-principle.
          'cause as it stands right now I probably wont be able to play this game on linux because I'm stuck with r600(c/g), since my laptop has switchable graphics and there's no way to make Catalyst work on it (actually I can't even get r600 to work with it right right now but I expect that to be fixed at some point :>). And while the FOSS-drivers have made great strifes recently it still doesn't look like they'll be able to run something like OilRush soon.
          If I'd get the windows-version alongside with my purchase I could atleast play it on windows in the meantime.
          Hell who am I talking to I'll probably still preorder the linux-version just to show them some support. :>

Comment

I would like to pre-order it, but I want to be able to play it under both windows and linux. However, the pre-order is for "OilRush for Windows" (or "OilRush for Linux").

And of course, I'm not willing to pay twice just to play it under 2 different platforms... So I guess I'm not gonna preorder it :/ .

Edit : this is kind of a +1 to Zhick..

Comment

Tricky. It's not likely to run on the open ATI drivers for the foreseeable future but I'm certainly not switching back to Catalyst and I'm not really in a position to run Windows outside a VM either. Do I buy it anyway to show support? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                Do I buy it anyway to show support? Hmm.
                If you have the money, I would say yes That way we'll (hopefully) have more native games coming our way.

Comment

Preordered the Linux version. No confirmation mail yet, but I can wait.

Comment

I have also pre-ordered, but I too haven't received any confirmation e-mail!
                    Somebody got theirs?

Comment

Working...
                    X