Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Elyotna View Post
    Hi binstream,

    Do you have any news or solution for those wishing to play the game on multiple platforms, with only 1 preorder ?

    I would definitly preorder and support this game.
    We are still considering this question, no solution yet.

    Comment


    • #32
      Pre-ordered mine today.

      Comment


      • #33
        I placed my order almost 2 hours ago, got all the Avangate confirmation e-mails with activation key but no e-mail with a download link. I'm not worried though, I'm sure Unigine is having trouble keeping up with all the orders flying in. :-)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
          I placed my order almost 2 hours ago, got all the Avangate confirmation e-mails with activation key but no e-mail with a download link. I'm not worried though, I'm sure Unigine is having trouble keeping up with all the orders flying in. :-)
          Please send us your order details (to payments@unigine.com) if there will be no link for more than 4 hours.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by urfe View Post
            Yes, sound works.

            I already played the tutorials and and some other missions. Runs great on a Q9450 and GTX 460 (of course, I had a crash + freeze, but that wasn't unexpected).
            what drivers? the 260.* are notorious for crashing ogl applications (infact they crashed 2d applications [gvim] that indirectly linked to libGL [via cairo]).
            The 270.* are a million times better but I still get crashes in HoN.

            256.* == no crashes
            260.* == crash every game
            270.* == crash every 10th

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
              I placed my order almost 2 hours ago, got all the Avangate confirmation e-mails with activation key but no e-mail with a download link. I'm not worried though, I'm sure Unigine is having trouble keeping up with all the orders flying in. :-)
              if you got the confirmation you should be able to login (change passwd) and view your d/l. There should be an "activate d/l key" link. CLick this and you should then see a link to the d/l

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Naib View Post
                what drivers? the 260.* are notorious for crashing ogl applications (infact they crashed 2d applications [gvim] that indirectly linked to libGL [via cairo]).
                The 270.* are a million times better but I still get crashes in HoN.

                256.* == no crashes
                260.* == crash every game
                270.* == crash every 10th
                I have 260.19.06 on my Ubuntu box, it works OK with OilRush.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by binstream View Post
                  I have 260.19.06 on my Ubuntu box, it works OK with OilRush.
                  for reference

                  http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=336837
                  Gentoo bug on the topic

                  http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show....php?p=2329622
                  thread on the nv forums

                  http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154919
                  another thread

                  http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=156532
                  another thread.


                  I tried to collect a load of data on the crashes on 260.* for [S2]Slacker and he was convinced it was the 260.* drivers (downgrade confirmed it.
                  When I started getting really odd gvim (ie unable to use odd) problems I started to google and bugzilla search. Big problems with the 260.* line.
                  Interesting you were not effected, it seems to be downto pthreads & if an application call libGL init and is single threaded (ie gvim and hon).
                  Does this mean that Oilrush's main loop is threaded? that would be the only reason you would not experience a crash with the older (beta since 260.19.36 were their stable) 260.* drivers

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Naib View Post
                    what drivers? the 260.* are notorious for crashing ogl applications

                    260.19.36 and Fedora 14. It runs fine for me, honestly. This doesn't mean you're not right. I'll try with 270.*, too.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by binstream View Post
                      Please send us your order details (to payments@unigine.com) if there will be no link for more than 4 hours.
                      Thanks Bindstream, I will wait the 4 hours as suggested and if still no download link then I'll e-mail the address you provided.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Naib View Post
                        if you got the confirmation you should be able to login (change passwd) and view your d/l. There should be an "activate d/l key" link. CLick this and you should then see a link to the d/l
                        The only download I am able to do when logged in to https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount/ is download the invoice. I'll just wait a bit longer like Binstream says.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hope

                          Now let's hope the devs working on the 300/600g drivers like it so much they will make it work! (Yeah yeah wishful thinking I know hehe)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Well, at least there will be a decent OpenGL 3/4 benchmark to test. There aren't too many of those for Linux.

                            An actual game is more motivating than a tech demo.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Pre-ordered

                              Pre-ordered today. Its good to see some Linux support by game developers.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Hey, do you plan to release your game on Steam?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X