Unigine OilRush Pre-Order For Linux Now Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binstream View Post
    It takes some time to complete the order because the payment gateway (Avangate) makes some security checks and so on. It can take up to an hour to complete the order, please contact us via payments@unigine.com if it takes longer.

PS: Thank you guys for the support, it's really important for us!
    Thank you for all the hard work and supporting Linux gaming!
    Rob
    email: dagger@gentoo.org

Comment

ordered. downloaded, installing now

thanks for supporting Linux !

Comment

Yes indeed, thanks for supporting Linux!
        But why this extremely low price ?

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
          It would be nice to see Windows/Linux sales ratio, but option to pay a license - play on OS of choice would be nice too.
          you better get that ebuild written asap or ill write it when I get home

Well I just pre-ordered (no confirmation). Hopefully the d/l link is to a url that I can access via elinks (to start d/l from work so it is ready when I get home).

To those QQ about separate windows & linux pre-order just a couple of points
          #1 this is "beta" maybe at retail the "licence" will be for windows and linux but for now keeping them separate may be benefitical for testing
          #2 linux users have had it fairly lucky when it comes to the few games that exists for linux, they piggyback on hte datafiles from windows (which from some perspective is right)

But look at ETQW windows version came out on schedual and the linux binaries (as separate d/l) a month later at no additional cost. OSX users had to buy the complete game AND Xbox players had to buy the game

I have legoStarwars for the PC and the Wii. It might be worth concidering free cross-platform is a luxury. I am half expecting to rebuy HL2/CSS *when* steam comes to linux

Comment

Just preordered a Linux copy myself. Already got the confirmation email. I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

DRM

There is no mention of DRM or similar user hostile measures.

Will I just be able to use it or do I have to worry about being online, activation systems, hassles when I reinstall the OS etc?

Comment

I just preordered and used the chance to register to the forums (after many years of reading).

I really like that the Unigine devs are around here.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post

Will I just be able to use it or do I have to worry about being online, activation systems, hassles when I reinstall the OS etc?
                  pre-order build thankfully doesn't have any (annoying) DRM.

DRM only harm end users. For pirates it doesn't take long to crack DRM. It's always legitimate users who suffer (funny enough - these who actually paid for the product)
                  Rob

Comment

Where's the best place to provide feedback about beta version?
                    Rob

Comment

Preordered linux version waiting for confirmation ;D

Comment

You guys have sound ?

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post

The is no DRM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dines View Post
                            You guys have sound ?
                            Yes, sound works.

I already played the tutorials and and some other missions. Runs great on a Q9450 and GTX 460 (of course, I had a crash + freeze, but that wasn't unexpected).

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                              Where's the best place to provide feedback about beta version?
                              There will a forum tomorrow on the official website.

Comment

Hi binstream,

Do you have any news or solution for those wishing to play the game on multiple platforms, with only 1 preorder ?

I would definitly preorder and support this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X