Cedega To Be Replaced By GameTree Linux Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miles View Post
    You mean, like Wine has cut Codeweaver's money supply?
    CrossOver has application-specific hacks and copy protection support bolted onto Wine, which you pay for. GameTree offers the same (they think) at no cost. The catch here is that Wine and CrossOver are in much better shape than Cedega and GameTree.

Comment

Originally posted by Remco View Post
      CrossOver has application-specific hacks and copy protection support bolted onto Wine, which you pay for. GameTree offers the same (they think) at no cost. The catch here is that Wine and CrossOver are in much better shape than Cedega and GameTree.
      And that the CrossOver developers contribute their work back to Wine (which is open source).

Comment

Originally posted by Tudhalyas View Post
        My only fear is that Cedega will remain a freeware program, but without good support from its developers. If a project like this is no longer being worked on, it will be as good as dead in the next year or two -- meaning that you won't likely be able to use it for newer games.
        That's better than a annual-subscription program without good support from its developers, which is what I think Cedega was before this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Remco View Post
          Transgaming competes with CodeWeavers at porting Windows applications. I think they're trying to cut off CodeWeavers' money supply by offering something similar to CrossOver at no cost.
          It's quite the opposite. Wine and Crossover Games now support Windows games much better.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            It's quite the opposite. Wine and Crossover Games now support Windows games much better.
            That's not the opposite.

Comment

I answered the wrong post

Comment

Working...
              X