Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Surprise: What's On My Linux Gaming Desktop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    Need anymore testers at this point? I have a GTX 480 (probably a 580 sometime in the near future), an i7 980x, and 12 gigs of memory.
    No, thank you. It was on-site testing in our studio, spent all day today on that.

We plan to start pre-orderring OilRush with access to the early builds soon, but we need to record and cut some gameplay videos first.

Comment

I hope the gameplay shapes up to the expectations!

I can't wait to test beta!

Comment

What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".

Comment

I think it should be pointed out that Michael was referring to WINE when he made those last comments

Comment

Originally posted by marakaid View Post
            What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".
            You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.

Comment

Originally posted by binstream View Post
              We plan to start pre-orderring OilRush with access to the early builds soon, but we need to record and cut some gameplay videos first.
              Is... is there like a preorder signup? Somewhere I can give you my credit card info and have it automatically charge it and download the beta when the preorders are up?

But seriously, the second it's possible to preorder/signup for something/play the game I'm all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Very nice! Both the images and the less direct mention of we-all-know-what.

BTW, is that World of Padman running in the first pic?
                Looks like Warsow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tommis View Post
                  You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.
                  http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27728

I'm getting quite annoyed of the false claims myself.

Comment

It's Unigine's OilRush! Yes, it's running on Linux right now on some of the Linux test systems.
                    Is the Samsung NC10 one of those systems?
                    </sarcasm>

What I mean is:

Are there any indications on what the minimum system specs will be?

Comment

For this Christmas, like the one before, Windows gaming rules, Linux gaming drools :P

Maybe for Christmas 2030 Linux gaming will have taken off at last. But probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                        Is the Samsung NC10 one of those systems?
                        </sarcasm>
                        Har har, good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabauke View Post
                          Har har, good one!
                          If Samsung NC10 is supported then my Nokia N79 better be too. </sarcasm id="really">

Comment

But this link is very clear:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/job-SenSoftEngineer.html

You are required to bring Windows games on Linux!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaele-Linuxiano View Post

Old news is old.

I hear 2011 is gonna be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X