Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This is _very_ interesting! I just hope the team doesn't end up concentrating too much on the graphics, just because now they can showcase that on Linux too, and forget about the fact that RPGs must be deep, immersive and long. Far too many current RPGs are too linear, too short, too shallow, simply because the developers concentrated too much on graphics and forgot about the contents. Also, what kind of RPG will it be? Story-centric, like Dragon Age, or free-roaming, like Oblivion and Fallout 3?

    Comment


    • #17
      Color me interested.

      Comment


      • #18
        As long as it's not a MMO I guess this is a definite buy.

        Comment


        • #19
          Looks awesome can't wait to play this!

          Comment


          • #20
            o yes really nice! we really really need this game

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by koorac View Post
              as long as it's not a mmo i guess this is a definite buy.
              ( )

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Koorac View Post
                As long as it's not a MMO I guess this is a definite buy.
                +1
                I hope the story and gameplay will be good, but this is already a great news, I'm looking forward to it

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MisterIO View Post
                  This is _very_ interesting! I just hope the team doesn't end up concentrating too much on the graphics, just because now they can showcase that on Linux too, and forget about the fact that RPGs must be deep, immersive and long. Far too many current RPGs are too linear, too short, too shallow, simply because the developers concentrated too much on graphics and forgot about the contents. Also, what kind of RPG will it be? Story-centric, like Dragon Age, or free-roaming, like Oblivion and Fallout 3?
                  @MisterIO

                  Our priority breaks down as Gameplay>Story>Graphics, but I can assure you all of them will be pretty decent. I don't like giving promises ahead, but in this case our team has skill to prove what we say. You don't have to take me by my word if you do not wish, but eventually you'll see, so keep tuned!

                  As for the RPG type, we aim for an open world that the player can roam alone or up to with a couple of friends.

                  And no, this is NOT an MMO. It's a co-op RPG.

                  Norbert V.
                  Digital Arrow

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Awesome, I've been waiting for this type of game for Linux for a long time.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Holy crap!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Desiderium View Post
                        @MisterIO

                        Our priority breaks down as Gameplay>Story>Graphics, but I can assure you all of them will be pretty decent. I don't like giving promises ahead, but in this case our team has skill to prove what we say. You don't have to take me by my word if you do not wish, but eventually you'll see, so keep tuned!

                        As for the RPG type, we aim for an open world that the player can roam alone or up to with a couple of friends.

                        And no, this is NOT an MMO. It's a co-op RPG.

                        Norbert V.
                        Digital Arrow
                        That's very good news! If that ends up being true, I'm gonna buy it for sure!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Desiderium View Post
                          @MisterIO

                          Our priority breaks down as Gameplay>Story>Graphics, but I can assure you all of them will be pretty decent. I don't like giving promises ahead, but in this case our team has skill to prove what we say. You don't have to take me by my word if you do not wish, but eventually you'll see, so keep tuned!

                          As for the RPG type, we aim for an open world that the player can roam alone or up to with a couple of friends.

                          And no, this is NOT an MMO. It's a co-op RPG.

                          Norbert V.
                          Digital Arrow
                          wow the gameplay and story will be amazingly out of this world then if you're already considering the unigine graphics to be the "least"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Desiderium View Post
                            As for the RPG type, we aim for an open world that the player can roam alone or up to with a couple of friends.
                            I look forward to more details. Some people here are idiotically assuming you're going to recreate Dragon Age with multiplayer just because you are using an engine that has a few pretty demos.

                            (Clearly, the engine subsumes the need for an artist to model, skin, animate, and integrate high quality character art assets. You can just upload a stick figure in BMP format to Unigine and it comes out looking like a Hollywood actor in a Blu-ray movie, right? The actual modeling is irrelevant, it's all just a shader Unigine has that turns a single untextured cube into any photo-realistic environment you want. You can do $25,000,000 worth of art assets with just $10 and pocket full of dreams. Fallout 3 could have been made in 2 weeks and been an MMO that would instantly destroy World of Warcraft's $2.16 billion/year profit machine, if only Bethesda had a Unigine license.)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Co-op RPG == ultimate win!

                              I've been looking for such a thing ever since Neverwinter Nights 2 (which kinda sucked).

                              @elanthis: a good engine can cut down development time and cost significantly, but it cannot make things from thin air. An RPG with 150 monsters needs 150 monster models (plus animation, voice acting and scripting). If every model costs $2000(*) to develop, then you'll need $300000 no matter if you are using Unigine or Rage5 or (now-dead, sucky) Gamebryo.

                              The million-dollar question for smaller developers is how to reduce these costs. My dream is a free/low-cost clone of the Spore creature creator.

                              (*) pulling numbers out of my ass

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                                The million-dollar question for smaller developers is how to reduce these costs.
                                Easy. Make sure everybody in the team has a very low fixed income, since the actual work is usually the main source of expenses. When the game comes out split the profits by all team members. This is highly risky but, if the game sells well can be a viable option, although it requires some effort and very good will at the beggining.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X