The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
    Happens with the shipped version of libopenal.so.1 as well.

This crashes the game 100% of the time (on my system):
    Start the tutorial, select a body, pick up the light digger, and jetpack to the beach on the left. If it hasn't crashed by now, dig a bit.
    It's something with the sound engine code, not the api underneath. I'll check into it- when it crashes consistently like that, it's easy to catch what went wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larian View Post
      I'm unbelievably grateful for your help so far, and I'm just checking back to see if you've come up with anything.

Thanks again.
      Not yet... I'll be into testing for it this evening if I can after looking at the crash bug Xipeos just reported that nobody caught in testing...

Comment

• I have just installed Gish from HIB:1. The character continuously moves right as if I am holding the right arrow key down. Because of this, the game is impossible to play. Somewhat ironically the only other game in which I have experienced this is the flash version of Meat Boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jophos View Post
          I have just installed Gish from HIB:1. The character continuously moves right as if I am holding the right arrow key down. Because of this, the game is impossible to play. Somewhat ironically the only other game in which I have experienced this is the flash version of Meat Boy.
          Hmm. It seems that I am getting this problem with other flash games after all. I can only assume that I have buggered up something fairly recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Not yet... I'll be into testing for it this evening if I can after looking at the crash bug Xipeos just reported that nobody caught in testing...
            Update: game crashes only if I kill that crab on the beach, and within seconds of starting the "Exploration" scenario (which has crabs in it..). Don't think the OpenAL error causes the crash, as all the other scenarios work, although most of them stutter severely and are unplayable. These problems might all be related to the current r300g, so I'll try different configurations tomorrow (r300c, whatever's on live Ubuntu 10.10, 32bit) if you can't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
              Update: game crashes only if I kill that crab on the beach, and within seconds of starting the "Exploration" scenario (which has crabs in it..). Don't think the OpenAL error causes the crash, as all the other scenarios work, although most of them stutter severely and are unplayable. These problems might all be related to the current r300g, so I'll try different configurations tomorrow (r300c, whatever's on live Ubuntu 10.10, 32bit) if you can't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.
              Okay... I've not had a chance yet (was on the road off to home for the holidays...) so I'll look into things tomorrow. Stuttering? Can you list the specs on your machine config for me in a PM?

Comment

• Revenge of the Titans will get Open-Sourced when the HiB reaches 1,75 million.

Puppy Games just told us that they will release the source code for Revenge of the Titans if the Humble Indie Bundle reaches $1.75 million! We're already well past $1.5 million with two days to go, so this should be within reach. This announcement is special because Revenge of the ...

Good news in my opinion

Comment

• Reached the goal with thirteen hours to spare~

Curious about what's under the hood in RotT....

Comment

• RotT is java based, there are already very good java decompilers, so you get just a few more comments

Comment

• I had a bit more time to play today.

- Braid seem to only accept keyboard inputs, which is a shame because that's really the kind of game where a gamepad makes it far better. Hopefully we can get gamepad support, that would rock.

- Revenge of the Titans crashes randomly on Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bits, standard install):
                      /opt/revengeofthetitans/revenge.sh: line 29: 14543 Abandon XMODIFIERS= java -noverify -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -Xms256m -Xmx375m -Xincgc -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -cp "${JARPATH}" net.puppygames.applet.Launcher "$@" > "${LOGFILE}" 2>&1
                      - Machinarium has mouse issues that makes it unplayable in full-screen (same, 32 bits), fortunately it's ok in windowed mode.

Osmos seems fine so far, didn't have the time to try Cortex Command yet. Great thing is that all those games allow switching back to the desktop during play, and don't mess with the shortcuts I assign to each of my virtual desktops. RotT minimizes each time I press the volume up/down button, or the screen brightness button, but that's no biggie (probably makes sense for people used to a taskbar ? la Windows).

Comment

Working...
                      X