Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    I've found the crab crash and fixed it. I'm suspecting the Exploration crash is a similar problem and I'm checking into it as well. The stutter's being investigated as well (Needing to sysprof/oprofile things to find where it's tripping over itself there...)
    Did you ever find anything about the "ugly" PulseAudio disable?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Larian View Post
      Did you ever find anything about the "ugly" PulseAudio disable?
      Not yet... Going to try to see what I can do for you this or tomorrow evening, depending on when I find enough bandwidth for it.

      Comment


      • Thanks, it's really appreciated. Let me/us know any way we can help...

        Comment


        • Stats?

          Any news yet on the purchase breakdown for the bundle? Surely it doesn't take 3 weeks to get the info.

          Comment


          • I'm a bit miffed, I've been checking for updates often, too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by fuzzykitty View Post
              Any news yet on the purchase breakdown for the bundle? Surely it doesn't take 3 weeks to get the info.
              We've got rough figures per lumping for HIB #1, HIB #2, and the charities- had that for about a week now. Nothing on the more detailed figures as to what was paid for Windows/OSX/Linux yet. I'm expecting to see that in the next couple of days.

              Comment


              • Humble Bundle stats

                Does anyone know if they are going to make the data public? Seems like it's taking a long time this time around.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by fuzzykitty View Post
                  Does anyone know if they are going to make the data public? Seems like it's taking a long time this time around.
                  Eventually... The studios haven't been given the breakdowns yet.

                  Comment


                  • Heh...

                    Roughly...

                    60% Windows.
                    20% OSX.
                    20% Linux.

                    The Numbers are a bit different than this, but I'll leave it to Humble Bundle, Inc. to announce the exact numbers since that's not my place...

                    Comment


                    • Svartalf, do you have any update regarding those bugs in Cortex Command?

                      Comment


                      • There should be an update here shortly on at least part of the crash bugs (Daniel's busy on a project and I'm busy with trying to get the game off onto the current and new crops of smartphones- so there's been a bit of a delay getting the update out).

                        The "disabled" PulseAudio problem is one of trying to be clever and having it bite you on the backside. So far, all "elegant" answers for "disabiling" PulseAudio entail things that require you being a full-on participant of the GNOME ecosystem. It "works" because all the apps you're using are provided with the distribution or they're ALSA only. The only real way to "disable" PulseAudio so it's no longer causing problems is to fully remove it and re-work the ALSA config so it's the right one for the native ALSA case. A manual override is being worked on so it'll allow people to select which subsystem to hit if present so you could force OSS or ALSA instead of PulseAudio if present on the system. Hopefully, I'll get that in with the update here shortly.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                          There should be an update here shortly on at least part of the crash bugs (Daniel's busy on a project and I'm busy with trying to get the game off onto the current and new crops of smartphones- so there's been a bit of a delay getting the update out).
                          Guess I should be more patient then. Thanks

                          Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                          A manual override is being worked on so it'll allow people to select which subsystem to hit if present so you could force OSS or ALSA instead of PulseAudio if present on the system.
                          Don't we already have that through alsoftrc? Changing the audio subsystem works fine for me..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                            Guess I should be more patient then. Thanks


                            Don't we already have that through alsoftrc? Changing the audio subsystem works fine for me..
                            It doesn't use the default mode right at the moment to avoid having the majority of the people needing to reconfigure the .alsoftrc just to play the game (Needs to work out of box for most cases...if you use the defaults and you have an .alsoftrc not present, it will pick PulseAudio every time...) I'm going to check to see if you have one in the homedir of the user running Cortex Command or Caster and use the default config option instead.

                            Comment


                            • So.... was an update ever actually released? I'd really like to be able to play this game without the crashes/lag.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X