Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Larian View Post
    I'm unbelievably grateful for your help so far, and I'm just checking back to see if you've come up with anything.

    Thanks again.
    Not yet... I'll be into testing for it this evening if I can after looking at the crash bug Xipeos just reported that nobody caught in testing...

    Comment


    • I have just installed Gish from HIB:1. The character continuously moves right as if I am holding the right arrow key down. Because of this, the game is impossible to play. Somewhat ironically the only other game in which I have experienced this is the flash version of Meat Boy.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jophos View Post
        I have just installed Gish from HIB:1. The character continuously moves right as if I am holding the right arrow key down. Because of this, the game is impossible to play. Somewhat ironically the only other game in which I have experienced this is the flash version of Meat Boy.
        Hmm. It seems that I am getting this problem with other flash games after all. I can only assume that I have buggered up something fairly recently.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Not yet... I'll be into testing for it this evening if I can after looking at the crash bug Xipeos just reported that nobody caught in testing...
          Update: game crashes only if I kill that crab on the beach, and within seconds of starting the "Exploration" scenario (which has crabs in it..). Don't think the OpenAL error causes the crash, as all the other scenarios work, although most of them stutter severely and are unplayable. These problems might all be related to the current r300g, so I'll try different configurations tomorrow (r300c, whatever's on live Ubuntu 10.10, 32bit) if you can't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
            Update: game crashes only if I kill that crab on the beach, and within seconds of starting the "Exploration" scenario (which has crabs in it..). Don't think the OpenAL error causes the crash, as all the other scenarios work, although most of them stutter severely and are unplayable. These problems might all be related to the current r300g, so I'll try different configurations tomorrow (r300c, whatever's on live Ubuntu 10.10, 32bit) if you can't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.
            Okay... I've not had a chance yet (was on the road off to home for the holidays...) so I'll look into things tomorrow. Stuttering? Can you list the specs on your machine config for me in a PM?

            Comment


            • Revenge of the Titans will get Open-Sourced when the HiB reaches 1,75 million.

              http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/12/Reve...ource-at-1-75M

              Good news in my opinion

              Comment


              • Reached the goal with thirteen hours to spare~

                Curious about what's under the hood in RotT....

                Comment


                • RotT is java based, there are already very good java decompilers, so you get just a few more comments

                  Comment


                  • I had a bit more time to play today.

                    - Braid seem to only accept keyboard inputs, which is a shame because that's really the kind of game where a gamepad makes it far better. Hopefully we can get gamepad support, that would rock.

                    - Revenge of the Titans crashes randomly on Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bits, standard install):
                    /opt/revengeofthetitans/revenge.sh: line 29: 14543 Abandon XMODIFIERS= java -noverify -Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" -Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -Xms256m -Xmx375m -Xincgc -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -cp "${JARPATH}" net.puppygames.applet.Launcher "$@" > "${LOGFILE}" 2>&1
                    - Machinarium has mouse issues that makes it unplayable in full-screen (same, 32 bits), fortunately it's ok in windowed mode.

                    Osmos seems fine so far, didn't have the time to try Cortex Command yet. Great thing is that all those games allow switching back to the desktop during play, and don't mess with the shortcuts I assign to each of my virtual desktops. RotT minimizes each time I press the volume up/down button, or the screen brightness button, but that's no biggie (probably makes sense for people used to a taskbar la Windows).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by miles View Post
                      - Revenge of the Titans crashes randomly on Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bits, standard install):
                      That may be OpenJDK's fault there... I've had off and on issues with NetBeans and Eclipse with it- random crashes. Does it much less often with OpenJDK 7 and not at all with the old Sun JDK 5 JVM. Something's not QUITE right with OpenJDK 6 with at least Ubuntu 10.10.

                      Comment


                      • The Humbles really should give more obvious notices about game updates, as some people still don't know about them (ex). I wouldn't have known either if Svartalf didn't mention twitter.

                        Comment


                        • i have some sound problems with world of goo and its the only app with this problem.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                            i have some sound problems with world of goo and its the only app with this problem.
                            i fix my sound problem by upgrading to 11.04

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
                              Update: game crashes only if I kill that crab on the beach, and within seconds of starting the "Exploration" scenario (which has crabs in it..). ...
                              Mine also crashes almost instantly in Exploration. There's also a "stutter" on some maps (game freezes regular intervals).

                              I'm running ubuntu maverick 64bit (nothing changed to audio configuration after install), intel cpu and ati gfx card. Any help is greatly appreciated, loving the game!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fawz View Post
                                Mine also crashes almost instantly in Exploration. There's also a "stutter" on some maps (game freezes regular intervals).
                                I've found the crab crash and fixed it. I'm suspecting the Exploration crash is a similar problem and I'm checking into it as well. The stutter's being investigated as well (Needing to sysprof/oprofile things to find where it's tripping over itself there...)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X