New Screenshots Of Unigine's OilRush Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Did you ever hear the words "suggestion" and "feedback"? Care to explain how would making his own game would help Unigine's one cater to more people?
    Its pointless criticism.
    Come on who really gives a shit about a game's name?
    when did that stop any one from buying a good game?
    "Well I didn't buy it because I didn't like the name."
    No one cares who they cater too. Make a good game and people will buy it regardless of the platform in fact they may actually change platforms to play the new game!

Comment

There's already a high quality C&C like game in Linux, spring-rts. (Built to mimic the best RTS ever release - Total Annihilation).

Back to the sibject, anyone knows what the planned release date? This game is definitely on my shopping list.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

One thing that i noticed with the Unigine engine: it does NOT use multihreading - which i think is even more problematic with consoles when only 1 core is used. It likes pure raw speed but only 1 core... When will that change?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          One thing that i noticed with the Unigine engine: it does NOT use multihreading - which i think is even more problematic with consoles when only 1 core is used. It likes pure raw speed but only 1 core... When will that change?
          Unigine engine is multi-threaded, all of the CPU cores are used on PS3 as well.

Comment

Was not visable when i compared results from i5-680 vs. i7-880. How many cores are used?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Was not visable when i compared results from i5-680 vs. i7-880. How many cores are used?
              Unigine benchmarks aren't CPU bound and there are no heavy physics in them, so you wouldn't see a boost on multi-core systems in them. However games are the different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
                If you don't like the name or the Theme why don't you make your own Linux game?
                Are you serious? I also don't like the name and theme of the movie "Fast & Furious". Are you going to suggest I make my own movie? (It would be cool though ) I also don't like oreos. Better start making my own cookies as well.
                Can you remember any game that had a bad name or theme but was awesome?
                Originally posted by cliff View Post
                I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to buy it when it comes out.
                I never said it didin't LOOK awesome. Maybe the final game will end up being cool, who knows.

@gilboa I love good old-fashioned RTS games, so thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                  There's already a high quality C&C like game in Linux, spring-rts. (Built to mimic the best RTS ever release - Total Annihilation).

Back to the sibject, anyone knows what the planned release date? This game is definitely on my shopping list.

- Gilboa
                  TA is indeed awesome and Supreme Commander is its direct successor. If this is a TA/SC-like game then it should indeed be pretty neat: building bigger and bigger robots as fast as you can to overcome your competing robot builder.

The problem with spring-rts is it needs some cohesion. They have lots of pieces scattered about: AI, maps, etc. Now they need to choose a good default in each of those things, and a GOOD MAIN MENU AND IN-GAME HUD (!!), not some hodgepodge ugly confusing system like they have now, while retaining the ability to choose different maps and AIs and such, and they will actually have a good game and might attract more development and modders and maybe look to the future, like upgrading the graphics engine eventually.

Any way, 4th quarter of this year is all that has been stated about this game so sometime between now and New Years is your answer. Hopefully in time for Xmas.

Comment

@binstream

Will there be a benchmark for OilRush where you can see differences with more cores?

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                      The problem with spring-rts is it needs some cohesion. They have lots of pieces scattered about: AI, maps, etc. Now they need to choose a good default in each of those things, and a GOOD MAIN MENU AND IN-GAME HUD (!!), not some hodgepodge ugly confusing system like they have now, while retaining the ability to choose different maps and AIs and such, and they will actually have a good game and might attract more development and modders and maybe look to the future, like upgrading the graphics engine eventually.

Any way, 4th quarter of this year is all that has been stated about this game so sometime between now and New Years is your answer. Hopefully in time for Xmas.
                      I agree about spring-rts' weird setup. Took me ~2h to get it to run the first time, but once I got it running, it's a -very- good game.
                      In the dev's defense, they are trying to improve it.

- Gilboa
                      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                      X