Unigine Announces Its OilRush Game For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Not every title uses SDL for sound, for example. Some use FMOD (Cortex Command right at the moment...). Some use Miles (NWN...). Some could use IrrKlang (Caster uses it on Windows, but uses other solutions to be better portable on the Linux side since IrrKlang's only X86 Linux...) and so forth.
    Unigine for the record uses OpenAL

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
      definitely, at that price, I think the support will be there.
      Absolutely! At that price, even people who aren't into RTS will likely give it a shot. I hope that Unigine continue to produce Linux-native games.

Comment

• Hopefully this will show the Primal Carnage team how much revenue the linux community can net.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayosiii View Post
          Unigine for the record uses OpenAL
          Which, if you think about it, adds another variable, on top of all the others I mentioned. Just because it uses OpenAL doesn't negate what I said there.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
            Hopefully this will show the Primal Carnage team how much revenue the linux community can net.
            In all honesty, I think they already know. That was motivated by their publisher and they're just coming up with "reasons" they changed engines much like 3DRealms did with DNF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              ...much like 3DRealms did with DNF.
              That would be Did Not Finish right But wait... there is actually activity... until I found the website, I thought it was dead.

Oh soooo many years

Comment

• Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
                That would be Did Not Finish right But wait... there is actually activity... until I found the website, I thought it was dead.

Oh soooo many years
                Well, for 3D Realms, it does mean Did Not Finish- as officially, they didn't finish the game, another studio directly affiliated with the publisher is doing that as part of a sealed settlement deal with 3DRealms. They didn't lose Duke fully, but I think they lost the deal with DNF at least partly.

Comment

• So any updated news on this.

I know it is expected in Q4 so more than likely nearer Xmas than now but it must getting polished for release.

Some actual game footage would be <3, ie a vid of a dev vs dev maybe even shoutcasted by some other dev explaining whats going on

Comment

• There should apparently be more news during the week:
                    http://twitter.com/#!/oilrush_game/status/27030296613

Comment

• Check out new screenshots: http://oilrush-game.com/screenshots/

Comment

• It looks really great. Now we can see more enviorments than ice, and that smoke from the flames on the surface of the waters is really good.

Comment

• @Bitstream

Will the Unigine engine work on Xbox 360 and Mac soon too? I think for commercial games Xbox 360 support is really important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                            Will the Unigine engine work on Xbox 360 and Mac soon too? I think for commercial games Xbox 360 support is really important.
                            We have some formal issues with Xbox360 since we still don't have a license for developing middleware for it. However, we are working on that.

Mac isn't a priority platform for us now.

Comment

• Originally posted by binstream View Post
                              Check out new screenshots: http://oilrush-game.com/screenshots/

Looks very cool!
                              Will there be a beta?
                              Will the game have a build-in multiplayer system like battle.net?

Can you tell us a little about the SDK, what language do I need to know, can I make a complete total conversation mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by binstream View Post
                                We have some formal issues with Xbox360 since we still don't have a license for developing middleware for it. However, we are working on that.
                                Not my preferred platform, but sound business sense indeed.

Mac isn't a priority platform for us now.
                                Heh... I'm sure Jobs is thrilled to hear that.

It should be more of a matter of getting it to properly build in their build tools- it's similar to Linux as far as many of the middleware APIs that you'd use.

Comment

Working...
                                X