Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XreaL Is Switching To The Enemy Territory Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    HTML 5 link

    Here is the HTML 5 WebM link for people who don't have Adobe Flash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWkhyIeEfjY

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Julius View Post
      Concerning Blender... have you tried the new 2.5 beta? It is really a completely different story to previous releases. Of course it is a highly complex program... just like you can not expect to learn Maya very quickly either.
      We'll see when it hits 2.6. Currently 2.5 suffers from many of the problems from 2.4x. It just has a shiny new interface and editable key bindings.

      Comment


      • #23
        Video looked absolutely stunning. While I like floristic excursions in the wild, I long for someone to put some bad guys into that engine.

        Comment


        • #24
          I found Blender to be pretty flawless using it for the IQM format. Sure there is a learning curve, but IMO it's not really any harder to use than Max.

          And if you cannot use a Radiant program, then you really just don't know how to map. It doesn't get easier than that program.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Irritant View Post
            I found Blender to be pretty flawless using it for the IQM format. Sure there is a learning curve, but IMO it's not really any harder to use than Max.
            Blender's mesh tools are still stuck in 1999. Loop-cut, knife tool, etc. classic 1999.

            The re-write was supposed to address that, it hasn't, yet.

            Comment


            • #26
              It's not quite as bad as you make it sound, but yes I am also looking forward a lot to bmesh.

              In the mean time there is the great Wings3D which is very high up the list of the best mesh tools available in general.

              So my workflow is currently, model in Wings3D do the rest in Blender. Which is not a bad combination.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Julius View Post
                It's not quite as bad as you make it sound, but yes I am also looking forward a lot to bmesh.
                I'm under the impression that bmesh won't make the 2.6 release.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Looking @ http://redmine.xreal-project.net/pro...-xreal/roadmap i have to say it's coming along fine, he's working fast.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    The renderer is almost done. http://xreal-project.net/?page_id=3/...ogress-update/

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by cliff View Post
                      Here is the HTML 5 WebM link for people who don't have Adobe Flash.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWkhyIeEfjY
                      Does HTML5 WebM actually work somewhere already? Broken pretty bad on my FF4.0b5.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X