Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

Phoronix: The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

For those trying to find a new Linux game that offers good graphics while not being a first person shooter with little to no plot -- as is the case for a majority of the commercial and open-source games available for Linux -- the Amnesia: The Dark Descent game is expected to be released next month. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a graphic adventure horror game that will have a Linux-native client and has been in development by Frictional Games, the same studio that developed the Penumbra series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODQ3OA

The Penumbra games were fantastic, and I'm looking forward to this.

I hope they release the demo, so I can test it on the OSS drivers, though. Penumbra worked fine, but this is an updated engine.

Comment

EDIT -- I see that there is a test app out, hopefully that will be a decent enough test. I'll wait for the 64-bit version, though.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be working with r300g, guess I will have to file a bug.

Comment

I'll be happy when this starts working on my ATI Radeon (600 series), but I guess that will still be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Doesn't seem to be working with r300g, guess I will have to file a bug.
            Or rather Mesa itself, since softpipe have the same problem(s).

Comment

Originally posted by quintesse View Post
              I'll be happy when this starts working on my ATI Radeon (600 series), but I guess that will still be a while.
              It can't be that far away, the original engine (HPL1) worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                It can't be that far away, the original engine (HPL1) worked like a charm.
                Using the Open Source drivers? Really? I didn't know that.

Comment

Sure, I played through the Penumbra trilogy using r600c. Well, I got bored with the last installment eventually, but other than motion blur, everything worked perfectly.

Comment

Filed a bug in case anyone else is interested:
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29420

Comment

64-bit linux compat check is up.

Comment

Originally posted by quintesse View Post
                        Using the Open Source drivers? Really? I didn't know that.
                        It worked really well, but there was one setting that made it look like a tye-dye shirt. I think it was motion blur?

Comment

Yes, motion blur.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                            Sure, I played through the Penumbra trilogy using r600c. Well, I got bored with the last installment eventually, but other than motion blur, everything worked perfectly.
                            I just check WineHQ and it seems all Penumbra games seem to suffer from graphical glitches, crashes after first puzzles, etc.

Comment

V!ncent, the native linux versions of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X