Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena 2010 v7.45 Offers Up More Features

Phoronix: Alien Arena 2010 v7.45 Offers Up More Features

Back in May there was the initial Alien Arena 2010 (v7.40) open-source game release of this year, but now John Diamond has come about with another update that continues to offer up a number of new features and other improvements. The previous update introduced five new game levels and rendering improvements while this newest update offers:..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

its really sad, that all these opensource shooter lack talented designers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
      Care to elaborate?

Comment

Here are some official screenshots and video -

This is an updated version of the official Alien Arena trailer, for 2010. There are a host of improvements and new content for the 2010 version of this game...

Comment

Can this open source game be played on an open-source operating system?

With the last release, it couldn't. When I posted about this, the developers pointed to the 'sorry-state of the linux sound stack', implying they weren't going to do anything about it...

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
            With the last release, it couldn't. When I posted about this, the developers pointed to the 'sorry-state of the linux sound stack', implying they weren't going to do anything about it...
            What are you even talking about? All of the developers run the game on Linux. What developers are you referring to, because I certainly never said any such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
              I must say I disagree, in my opinion AA really lives up to it's promises by being a nice and fun game with a nice atmosphere, ideal for the occasional distraction

Comment

Nice. Too bad I'm stuck with my laptop and won't be able to play this with all the eye candy.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                  What are you even talking about? All of the developers run the game on Linux. What developers are you referring to, because I certainly never said any such thing.

Comment

Ok, well in that thread, several people tried to help you, and you never responded. Nobody said anything about a "shitty Linux sound stack".

Comment

Working...
                    X