Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Storm - New Linux game is comig !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steel Storm - New Linux game is comig !!!

    We are small group of indie developers who has been working on their first game since 2008.
    Steel Storm is a 3D top down arcade shooter with distinct visuals and fun gameplay. Single player and multiplayer modes are supported.
    The game is being developed on Linux, for Linux, Mac and Win platforms.
    We are working hard to get the first public alpha-demo out pretty soon.
    More information about the game on:
    http://www.kot-in-action.com
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/steel-storm
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steel-...39569619386776

    Thank you for your support!

  • #2
    i like what i see. I might actually be looking to fork over some money as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, thank you! I appreciate your interest in our game!

      Comment


      • #4
        sp and mp? sounds good!

        Comment


        • #5
          yep. dm and coop. If we have enough time, will surprise you with team dm. If not, we will release it as a bonus pack after the release of Steel Storm.

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like it could be a lot of fun if done right.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice to see some commercial indies not afraid of working with a GPLed engine (Darkplaces in this case).

              I think it should be more common to have the code open, and just sell the media files!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Julius View Post
                Nice to see some commercial indies not afraid of working with a GPLed engine (Darkplaces in this case).

                I think it should be more common to have the code open, and just sell the media files!
                That's exactly my thought.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks nice.
                  But please don't call for donations. I've bought/preordered a number of linux games already, but I'd never ever donate to a for-profit company. Just call it preorders and ditch everything below the full price.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Indeed, that looks nice...
                    One question regarding the alpha video on indiedb:
                    It seemed to me the enemies reacted once you got into a given range, which made it fairly easy to spot them from the screen's corners, even more so on widescreen.
                    Just my 2 cents, I thought it may make the game, especially single player, less challenging. Have you considered addressing this?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's a pretty nice looking game, I'll be buying it if the price is in my range

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hi everyone.
                        Sorry, I was not around since the last time I posted. We have been polishing the demo and damn, it's unbelievable what it takes to get the demo ready and out
                        Here are some good news: we are closing in, hopefully we will release big demo in August.
                        Meanwhile I posted new video at kot-in-action.com and some screens on IndieDB.

                        PsynoKhi0, thanks you for mentioning that. As I recall, all arcade games are suffer from such situations. The only solution I see right now is fog of war, which I don't think we want to implement. We are going to evaluate the situation, and see what can be done. As far is less challenging, I can assure you will have plenty of challenges

                        Thank you guys for the support!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                          Indeed, that looks nice...
                          One question regarding the alpha video on indiedb:
                          It seemed to me the enemies reacted once you got into a given range, which made it fairly easy to spot them from the screen's corners, even more so on widescreen.
                          Just my 2 cents, I thought it may make the game, especially single player, less challenging. Have you considered addressing this?
                          The game was actually designed this way intentionally. You can even sneak around ai if that's your playstyle. The thing is that some missions will be scored based on time, and many of the maps are non-linear, so weather it's beneficial to play in this manner is completely situational. However if it does become an issue, believe me the issue will be addressed. There is also a radar which you can use to spot them far before you will see them on your screen. We plan on having lots and lots of enemies to fight at once, so this should be thought of as a lifesaver rather than an exploit.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                            Looks nice.
                            But please don't call for donations. I've bought/preordered a number of linux games already, but I'd never ever donate to a for-profit company. Just call it preorders and ditch everything below the full price.
                            Yeah, or buy stock if available

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wish we would have stock options

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X