Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Game Publishing: "We Are Very Much Alive"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux Game Publishing: "We Are Very Much Alive"

    Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing: "We Are Very Much Alive"

    Over the night on Phoronix an article was published entitled Is LGP Going The Way Of Loki Software? Linux Game Publishing has been around since 2001 when Loki Software had collapsed, but in recent months LGP has been eerily quiet, has stopped responding to inquiries from customers and other Linux gamers, and their only announced game ports are titles they began working on back in 2002 and 2003. This had led many to worry and wonder whether LGP is dead...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODM2MA

  • #2
    Yanno, Michael, if you'd waited a smidge to see if Simms would have responded or if I could get something out of people on my end, you'd have avoided this whole boondoggle and had a better piece of news to report, I think.

    Comment


    • #3
      That has been definitely a rushed news post. More quality, less hype next time?

      Comment


      • #4
        Just an idea. I think goodoldgames.com could really benefit from starting to port their catalog to Linux (or at least making them as Wine friendly as possible), especially with Steam entering Linux too. Could there be some sort of partnership between LGP and gog to do this?

        A man can dream...

        Comment


        • #5
          This is just another set of FUD that seems to be spawning at Phoronix amarite?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MichaelPalin View Post
            Just an idea. I think goodoldgames.com could really benefit from starting to port their catalog to Linux (or at least making them as Wine friendly as possible), especially with Steam entering Linux too. Could there be some sort of partnership between LGP and gog to do this?

            A man can dream...
            It's being worked on... They've expressed an interest in providing support (and sales SKUs) for Linux, even if it just means doing clean bundlings of DOSBox and WINE installs for much of it (since many of the titles are "frozen in time" with no source code available...)- but they didn't have the resources at the last time the subject was broached.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rovanion View Post
              This is just another set of FUD that seems to be spawning at Phoronix amarite?
              Nahh... He was reporting on the FUD and could've waited a bit for the better angle on the "story" in question.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                It's being worked on... They've expressed an interest in providing support (and sales SKUs) for Linux, even if it just means doing clean bundlings of DOSBox and WINE installs for much of it (since many of the titles are "frozen in time" with no source code available...)- but they didn't have the resources at the last time the subject was broached.
                Very glad to hear,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MichaelPalin View Post
                  Very glad to hear,
                  Do keep in mind that it might not be LGP doing the work, though. Just hold that there might be something like what you mentioned happening down the line at some point.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If anything, the article got fast response...
                    Still good thing to know they're around.
                    Oh and, loved the sarcasm about Slashdot's entry

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X