Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X3:Reunion Menu problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

    Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

    Driver issue do you think?

    Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


    Pete.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by pete910 View Post
      Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

      Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

      Driver issue do you think?

      Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


      Pete.
      Probably. I recently built a new computer and my current card is a GTX480. One of the main reasons is because I wanted this game to work (which it now does). Too bad the LGP site is still down. Hopefully in the future they'll perform offsite backups.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by pete910 View Post
        Well sorry to drag a old post up but,

        Thought I'd try the win version in wine a funilly it does the exact same thing.

        Driver issue do you think?

        Tried all the cat drivers up to 10.10


        Pete.
        That'd be a confirmed on the driver... It's not been the first "oops" they've had in their drivers and it won't be the last.

        Lest anyone thinks that NVidia's got "perfect" drivers, I've had to delay releasing the Linux Chapter 2 release for Caster because of an dumb thing their drivers are doing- which causes SDL to report a 0x0 size resolution for the screen when you're using HDMI or some dual screen configs. Kano handed me enough today that it all clicked and I've got a workaround coded in and I should have verification of it and have it all out the door in the next couple of days, hopefully.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          That'd be a confirmed on the driver... It's not been the first "oops" they've had in their drivers and it won't be the last.

          Lest anyone thinks that NVidia's got "perfect" drivers, I've had to delay releasing the Linux Chapter 2 release for Caster because of an dumb thing their drivers are doing- which causes SDL to report a 0x0 size resolution for the screen when you're using HDMI or some dual screen configs. Kano handed me enough today that it all clicked and I've got a workaround coded in and I should have verification of it and have it all out the door in the next couple of days, hopefully.
          The issue with AMD's drivers can't be worked around?

          Would you say the Nvidia drivers are overall better? Or are they roughly the same?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by hiryu View Post
            The issue with AMD's drivers can't be worked around?
            The driver's very probably doing something wrong there. I'm sure if LGP was up to speed, they might be able to do a workaround like I'm doing for Caster on the NVidia problem I mentioned...but all in all, they need to fix the problem. I'm going to be handing NVidia a copy of the problem-child beta version that screws up so they can fix their bug while I tapdance around it so I can ship the game.

            Would you say the Nvidia drivers are overall better? Or are they roughly the same?
            My current personal experience is that NVidia's drivers are a bit better overall- but when they "oops" something it's fun to fix/work around. Used to be, NVidia was all-around better. Nowadays, it's closer to the story with the drivers from both companies on Windows.

            Comment


            • #21
              Well ati needed ages to fix a OpenGL 4 problem with tesselation. I reported it several times that i compared the results between linux+win and until the latest 10.10 HOTFIX (not the normal 10.10) it did not work correctly. I tested it since i got a 5670... So ati really managed to write worse win opengl drivers - even for more customers

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Well ati needed ages to fix a OpenGL 4 problem with tesselation. I reported it several times that i compared the results between linux+win and until the latest 10.10 HOTFIX (not the normal 10.10) it did not work correctly. I tested it since i got a 5670... So ati really managed to write worse win opengl drivers - even for more customers
                Heh... That's just entertaining.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, it was fixed after the german c't magazine published this:

                  http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Halbschritt-1111015.html

                  They wrote that a nv gtx 460 has 30.6 fps in unigine heaven (dx11), radeon hd 5870 has 28.1 and hd 6870 got 27.7 in dx11 mode. But then they write that OpenGL 4 with hd 6870 with similar settings was only 10.3 fps - they did not mention hd 5 series, but the problem was there too of course. And guess what, ati began to work on the issue, but not when I found the issue with my hd 5670.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Well, it was fixed after the german c't magazine published this:

                    http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Halbschritt-1111015.html

                    They wrote that a nv gtx 460 has 30.6 fps in unigine heaven (dx11), radeon hd 5870 has 28.1 and hd 6870 got 27.7 in dx11 mode. But then they write that OpenGL 4 with hd 6870 with similar settings was only 10.3 fps - they did not mention hd 5 series, but the problem was there too of course. And guess what, ati began to work on the issue, but not when I found the issue with my hd 5670.
                    Heh... It's a matter of their priorities. Even though we know you're not a nobody, compared to c't or one of the studios (such as Free Radical before they canceled their Windows version of Haze...), you're that- and they get the attention of management to schedule resources quicker than you or I would.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X