Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve's Linux Play May Lead More Games To Follow Suit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I sure hope game devs are talking directly to Valve about this, and not just using it as an excuse to brush of requests for Linux versions.

    Petitions and forum threads only go so far, but developers saying that there is a need for Steam on Linux, or that they are losing sales because the lack of a port, that's something they will have to acknowledge.

    Comment


    • #17
      [QUOTE=whizse;130492]I sure hope game devs are talking directly to Valve about this, and not just using it as an excuse to brush of requests for Linux versions. [quote]

      Oh, at least ONE studio has explicitly asked for Linux support.

      Petitions and forum threads only go so far, but developers saying that there is a need for Steam on Linux, or that they are losing sales because the lack of a port, that's something they will have to acknowledge.
      You'd have to have more than a few of the indie crowd asking for it before they'd listen. Now, a Source licensee...be a differing story, I'd think.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        You'd have to have more than a few of the indie crowd asking for it before they'd listen. Now, a Source licensee...be a differing story, I'd think.
        Postal III comes to mind, but I'm not sure if they're planning on using Steam, and apparently there's some doubts as to the status of the port. :/

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by whizse View Post
          Postal III comes to mind, but I'm not sure if they're planning on using Steam, and apparently there's some doubts as to the status of the port. :/
          And where are these doubts then?

          Comment


          • #20
            I haven't followed development closely, but somebody mentioned that they have removed references to the Linux version, as well as closed down the forums.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by whizse View Post
              I haven't followed development closely, but somebody mentioned that they have removed references to the Linux version, as well as closed down the forums.
              Sorry for late reply.

              I don't really count closing of forums as anything to do with Linux - the whole forum was shut down not one section.

              Comment

              Working...
              X