Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Oh please stop with your total bullshit.
    Just add him to your ignore list. I'm so glad that feature is there.

On Topic: It'll be best to forget about the steam for linux for a while so your hopes go back down, then when it does actually come out you actually get excited instead of going "finally!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
      bullshit? apple pay for it! means apple pay to not support linux.
      Again total bullshit. Apple does not pay developers to develop for their systems. Quit fabricating total bullshit as your credibility keeps diving with each post.

Comment

bullshit? apple pay for it! means apple pay to not support linux.
        I made an account just to reply to this and tell you how stupid this is. No, they aren't. Supporting Linux would not barely reduce Apple's profits, if there is any change at all. Most people with an Intel Mac have access to a copy of OSX. Also, how many people would really buy OSX simply because it supports Steam? Plus, Valve would probably get a lot more of a profit by catering to Linux users than Apple would ever lose by having Steam on Linux, and therefore how much Apple would pay Valve for this dumb conspiracy theory that I really shouldn't have put this much thought into.

Comment

• The idea that Apple is paying off Valve to delay the Linux release is pretty unlikely (not impossible, I guess, but why?). Seeing as they haven't even finished porting all of their own games to the Mac, it seems more likely to me that they are waiting to finish that up before moving forward with Linux. If they are planning a Linux release, I would expect it to be announced no sooner than both L4D games being ported to the Mac since I think that's all that's left.

Comment

• Apparently steam will be on the PS3 and Xbox soon too? Or is it just the PS3...?

Comment

• Originally posted by b15hop View Post
              Apparently steam will be on the PS3 and Xbox soon too? Or is it just the PS3...?
              "steamworks" features will be in portal 2 for the ps3. That's all we know.

Comment

Apple Pay 1 million dollar for every minute of not releasing the linux clind.
                You are certainly a shit pump whom of which is pumping loads of shit.

Comment

• I think he was being sarcastic, or doesn't mean some things to be taken literally. The problem with text only is that it's hard to tell - words alone form only a small part of proper communication - so I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by mirv View Post
                    I think he was being sarcastic, or doesn't mean some things to be taken literally. The problem with text only is that it's hard to tell - words alone form only a small part of proper communication - so I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
                    Well at least he realises what he is doing as he said that in exchange for AMD hardware he would stop spreading BS on Phoronix

But yeah text only sucks, which is why we have:

Comment

• Nearly July and still no confirmation from Valve. Michael is a liar. Steam is not "official" by any means. I suggest people boycott this forum/site. Cleary he only cares about his ad revenue.

So, where the hell is our steam client, eh

Comment

Working...
                      X