Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK, let us analyse here for a sec...
    -Michael claims inside info;
    -Michael claimed such a thing before with AMD so this is not new;
    -Linux files have been found in public releases of the Steam CLIENT;
    -Valve is on the porting tour with the Mac;
    -Valve hasn't denied the client;
    -Valve doesn't hate Linux as there have been Wine hacks inside of the Steam client before Wine was even runnable on the Mac;
    -The Steam confirmation on their strictly monitored external intranet network has not been removed;
    -The news has been everywhere and yet Valve did not pull the plug on the ever updated Linux binary on their public FTP server;
    -There have been reports on closed beta Linux testing everywhere.

    Are you guys stupid? It is being worked on in public... Valve doesn't plug it, so it's comming for 100% certainty. They have proved they can port to UNIX before so stop your doomsday theories...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      -The news has been everywhere and yet Valve did not pull the plug on the ever updated Linux binary on their public FTP server;
      So it's still being worked on in plain sight? Well that would be pretty definitive if it's true.
      Can you prove it?

      Comment


      • Actually the majority of your points are mood and "your assumptions". Doesn't quality for proof.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          They have proved they can port to UNIX before so stop your doomsday theories...
          Prove it and the theories will stop.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            Prove it and the theories will stop.
            Mac is UNIX >.<'

            Comment


            • Originally posted by fenixkane View Post
              So it's still being worked on in plain sight? Well that would be pretty definitive if it's true.
              Can you prove it?
              It's been pulled. Last time I check it wasn't... my bad

              Comment


              • Steam won't be coming to Linux anytime soon folks. Read the official faq regarding Linux and check the last modified date for answers...

                Comment


                • so, you can provide a link?

                  Comment


                  • As much as I think this won't happen the FAQ is outdated. It even states Mac client as not coming so that point is not valid.

                    Comment


                    • again: link?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X