Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by theclappyman View Post
    Whey even waste your time, good sir? Valve have stated nothing on the topic. Phronix is posting complete, unsubstantiated lies. STEAM IS NOT COMING TO LINUX. It would be better to invest in the games that are already available for our platform, then wasting time "petitioning" steam coming to Linux. There is nearly 90,000 views on the Linux thread on Steam forums. Valve does not care about Linux. Not even one response from a rep on that thread. Linux users are 100% wasting their time on crap like this. I don't care at all what phronix has said. It does not change the fact that Steam isn't coming to Linux. I don't care if I get banned for the following.

    F.U.C.K YOU and your pathetic articles/bullshit michael larrabee

    Regards,

    theclappyman
    Well your probably right about me waisting my time. But I'll Explain it to you

    I'm just curious about the source of C't because this magazine has real journalists on their payroll to write their articles. If they felt for this circulair source crap, than I would be very dissapointed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
      Well your probably right about me waisting my time. But I'll Explain it to you

      I'm just curious about the source of C't because this magazine has real journalists on their payroll to write their articles. If they felt for this circulair source crap, than I would be very dissapointed.
      Everyone who states that "Steam is coming to Linux 100% ZOMG!!!!" uses Phronix as the source. It's despicable that Michael posts such crap with no regard to the truth.
      He only cares about his ad revenue for this site. Think about it, this thread gets slashdotted and referenced by every fool on the internet, Michael_lies == Profit !
      It's a joke at this stage imo. This crap has been rumored here for over two years, and it should stop. Again, Steam IS NOT coming to Linux folks.

      Comment


      • REALLY, THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE POSTING HERE(including myself)SHOULD SPEND THE TIME ACTUALLY PLAYING MORE LINUX GAMES, OR PERFORMING SOME OTHER VALUABLE WORK/ACTIVITY. STEAM AIN'T COMING TO LINUX, SAY IT WITH ME, STEAM AIN'T COMING TO LINUX.

        I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THIS SITE.
        /Anger

        Comment


        • Originally posted by theclappyman View Post
          REALLY, THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE POSTING HERE(including myself)SHOULD SPEND THE TIME ACTUALLY PLAYING MORE LINUX GAMES, OR PERFORMING SOME OTHER VALUABLE WORK/ACTIVITY. STEAM AIN'T COMING TO LINUX, SAY IT WITH ME, STEAM AIN'T COMING TO LINUX.

          I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THIS SITE.
          /Anger
          Welcome to my ignore list! If you think Micheal is a liar fine move on dude! if you can't move on then burn your PC and never work in this area! Begone!

          @Dargonlord : Micheal isn't only a reviewer because of PTS! And considerating his work within all PTS articles i guess he does fine as journalist. The possible truth to your believe might be regarding linux gaming which is cursed, honestly. Anything related to gaming makes loads of rumors, speculations and etc. When i first read his article about a linux binary for steam i was so happy, and I've speculated that linux gaming would change forever! I've become optimistic thanks to that!

          Comment


          • Gaming related news is not a problem. What you have to do is simply staying true to what you know. If you have a valid official source, name it official with referencing the source. If it's a hunch say so and write in the possibility form and marking information as such. Now what goes for the second one you have to do such news/articles carefully. They are though not impossible to do. You simply have to write them in a clear and non-hyping form presenting what is known or speculated and mark the individual parts as such. Shape it up as a state-of-the-art article hence stating what is known right now about a given topic. No need to go hype-crazy about it and lie. Honest articles give you a much higher reputation than hype-crazy ones filled with lies.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Setlec View Post
              If you think Micheal is a liar fine move on dude!
              The lack of a Steam client, or any confirmation from Valve reaffirms my thoughts about him. Had he stated Steam MAY be coming to Linux, I doubt he would have created such a big hub bub over the web. Fact is, he will be a laughing stock(if he isn't already)should this Steam announcment never materialise. Nearly two months has passed since the "official confirmation".

              Comment


              • Originally posted by theclappyman View Post
                Everyone who states that "Steam is coming to Linux 100% ZOMG!!!!" uses Phronix as the source. It's despicable that Michael posts such crap with no regard to the truth.
                He only cares about his ad revenue for this site. Think about it, this thread gets slashdotted and referenced by every fool on the internet, Michael_lies == Profit !
                It's a joke at this stage imo. This crap has been rumored here for over two years, and it should stop. Again, Steam IS NOT coming to Linux folks.
                "Again, Steam IS NOT coming to Linux folks."

                you can use steam+all games over years now because of wine can handle the windows steam Clint.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by theclappyman View Post
                  Whey even waste your time, good sir? Valve have stated nothing on the topic. Phronix is posting complete, unsubstantiated lies. STEAM IS NOT COMING TO LINUX. It would be better to invest in the games that are already available for our platform, then wasting time "petitioning" steam coming to Linux. There is nearly 90,000 views on the Linux thread on Steam forums. Valve does not care about Linux. Not even one response from a rep on that thread. Linux users are 100% wasting their time on crap like this. I don't care at all what phronix has said. It does not change the fact that Steam isn't coming to Linux. I don't care if I get banned for the following.

                  F.U.C.K YOU and your pathetic articles/bullshit michael larrabee

                  Regards,

                  theclappyman
                  in the past valve pay wine-devs to support steam on wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                    I never said anything about NDA, IF he was under NDA, he obviously broke it!
                    no but only because he ask for permission.

                    yes but apple lawyers stop them (yes apple because of the contractual clauses)

                    Comment


                    • Qaridarium, please don't be offended. I don't believe in the idea of Apple Inc. would invest or fund in such idea of "Don't make it to linux!" Apple doesn't have anything to win by doing such thing. decades ago I've heard this kind of bullshit with M$ instead of apple. But i can understand point of view from M$, "I'd give you free licenses of windows if you don't port your products to linux or apple or whatever OS". If you can prove that prove it now and let us readers be judge of what to think. If you can't prove because of "my friend who works at valve/apple/urmomass" would lose its job. then that would mean that you are a joke/bswhore.

                      Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      no but only because he ask for permission.
                      well "IF" he is under NDA and was granted then it would make sense that valve should have officially said something about linux client and etc, right?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                        Qaridarium, please don't be offended. I don't believe in the idea of Apple Inc. would invest or fund in such idea of "Don't make it to linux!" Apple doesn't have anything to win by doing such thing. decades ago I've heard this kind of bullshit with M$ instead of apple. But i can understand point of view from M$, "I'd give you free licenses of windows if you don't port your products to linux or apple or whatever OS". If you can prove that prove it now and let us readers be judge of what to think. If you can't prove because of "my friend who works at valve/apple/urmomass" would lose its job. then that would mean that you are a joke/bswhore.


                        well "IF" he is under NDA and was granted then it would make sense that valve should have officially said something about linux client and etc, right?
                        "Qaridarium, please don't be offended. I don't believe in the idea of Apple Inc. "

                        believe? i do not believe i know it.

                        "If you can prove that prove it now"

                        i'm not interested in prove stuff for the masses. i'm not wiki-leaks.


                        If you wana watch this on the other side of view apple pays the linux version of steam and opengl-game engine.
                        Thats because the native linux clind is an waste-recycling-product of the apple payments to valve.

                        but yes linux users have to wait a bit.

                        Comment


                        • sorry dude your post doesn't make sense! so if i'm right, you are saying: that: "apple is paying valve to port steam and source engine to Mac." then let me ask you "why would they pay for that what do they have to gain with that?" then another question comes to mind "why pay someone to port anything if we have enough money to make it myself?", a third question comes "Having a computer which doesn't have more than one GPU provider (ATI is currently the only GPU provider for apple, i think), why bother get/develop games?" any game dev needs a MAC to be able to port anything, right?

                          so as you can see it's quite stupid to think that apple pay valve to port their games (+engine) and steam! it would be like having valve porting HL2 on PS3 because Sony Entertainment is paying for it!

                          you don't want to prove then you have no credibility, then i could say that you are not suited to be trusted and then i could call you a liar... anyway if you don't want to prove it to the masses then you could pm me and/or even Micheal the proof! but i won't be surprised that you won't do that because you actually doesn't have any proof, do you?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                            sorry dude your post doesn't make sense! so if i'm right, you are saying: that: "apple is paying valve to port steam and source engine to Mac." then let me ask you "why would they pay for that what do they have to gain with that?" then another question comes to mind "why pay someone to port anything if we have enough money to make it myself?", a third question comes "Having a computer which doesn't have more than one GPU provider (ATI is currently the only GPU provider for apple, i think), why bother get/develop games?" any game dev needs a MAC to be able to port anything, right?

                            so as you can see it's quite stupid to think that apple pay valve to port their games (+engine) and steam! it would be like having valve porting HL2 on PS3 because Sony Entertainment is paying for it!

                            you don't want to prove then you have no credibility, then i could say that you are not suited to be trusted and then i could call you a liar... anyway if you don't want to prove it to the masses then you could pm me and/or even Micheal the proof! but i won't be surprised that you won't do that because you actually doesn't have any proof, do you?
                            i send you a pm

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Qaridarium
                              "anyway if you don't want to prove it to the masses then you could pm me and/or even Micheal the proof!"

                              PM michael,,, and ask the same question.

                              If you trust michael you will get your final answer.
                              You make me laugh! Micheal showed us Phoronix readers the location of the steam non official linux version, and you showed nothing more than words.

                              PS: it's his PM!

                              Comment


                              • @Setlec - if it's his PM, then don't post it here. If you're going to do that, he's right not to say anything important in it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X