Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the steam user forums someone created a script to run through his steam folder and report any mention of linux.

Here's the results:
    "linux": http://codepad.org/KPoe9LeI
    "wine": http://codepad.org/3BZVrtkn

quite interesting, especially the wine part.

Comment

• I dont see anything special in that. I remember when i first read about l4d for linux and checked it myself. It was just for the dedicated server. The only thing that was more interesting was the not-working steam client. I am sure that you will find linux references in every game based on an engine which has a dedicated linux server.

Comment

• well otherwise, why would they be keeping tabs on wine usage. that was an interesting revelation.

Comment

• Ok, they test for the wine build used. At least they count wine users, but did you see wine in official stats yet?

Comment

• Just ordered PS3 Portal 2, with steamplay and free PC/Mac copy. You know what would rock my world and be even better? Linux support

Comment

• good job. wish you continued success.

Comment

• wow awsome

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  I dont see anything special in that. I remember when i first read about l4d for linux and checked it myself. It was just for the dedicated server. The only thing that was more interesting was the not-working steam client. I am sure that you will find linux references in every game based on an engine which has a dedicated linux server.
                  It seems to be in client and graphics engine files as well, not just server files.

Comment

• Is this guy a spam bot? only thing that he post are "useful study thank you"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                      Is this guy a spam bot? only thing that he post are "useful study thank you"!
                      yes its a spam bot... be nice to him

Comment

Working...
                      X