No announcement yet.

Alien Arena 2010 Coming "In A Few Weeks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Steam comes to Linux, get the Source mod GoldenEye:Source. THAT is real evolutionary pc FPS!

Comment

Contrary to the general attitude in this thread, me and my team-mates used to play AA 09 when we had some free time, and we had a lot of fun.
      Fast paced DM FPS with good graphics and acceptable physics.
      It would have been nice if the gameplay would have evolved beyond pure DM/CTF (E.g. UT2K4 like assault / onslaught).

Either way, keep up the good work.
      - Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

I rather enjoy Alien Arena and always look forward to the next release. Good gameplay, bitchin' music, nice graphics and effects, cool levels (though a bit claustrophobic), and I dig the whole retro thing. One of the better competitive FPS games out there at the moment. Only problem for me is that there doesn't seem to be many people playing on my side of the woods, so online play is a bit painful a times.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
          Contrary to the general attitude in this thread, me and my team-mates used to play AA 09 when we had some free time, and we had a lot of fun.
          Fast paced DM FPS with good graphics and acceptable physics.
          It would have been nice if the gameplay would have evolved beyond pure DM/CTF (E.g. UT2K4 like assault / onslaught).

Either way, keep up the good work.
          - Gilboa
          Well, there's AOA (which is DM with vehicles,) and TCA (Team Core Assault, much like a stripped-down super-fast super-simple Onslaught mode,) and both those can be mixed together as well. There's also CP (Cattle Prod, herding cattle through your team's goal,) but that one only has two maps.

There are a few AOA or team AOA servers, usually called something like "space ships." Unfortunately, there aren't many TCA servers (just one that I know of,) which I think is too bad, but you can still host one and play with your team on it.

Comment

Another FPS news, why won't Phoronix inform us that 3 days ago Warzone2100 2.3 was released?

Comment

Originally posted by mar04 View Post
              Another FPS news, why won't Phoronix inform us that 3 days ago Warzone2100 2.3 was released?
              Because I never heard it was released? No one ever told me... But now that I know, there should be a news post today.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hey, I'm pretty proud of the artwork I did for the game, and it's a fun hobby for me, that is all that matters in the end. If people like it, cool, if not, cool. The game looks how I envisioned it, so that pleases me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                  Hey, I'm pretty proud of the artwork I did for the game, and it's a fun hobby for me, that is all that matters in the end. If people like it, cool, if not, cool. The game looks how I envisioned it, so that pleases me personally.
                  So you should
                  Graphically speaking AA is one of the best OSS games.
                  (Hopefully the community will pick up where you guys left off and develop diverse game styles on top of it)

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                    (Hopefully the community will pick up where you guys left off and develop diverse game styles on top of it)

- Gilboa
                    We've been working on some things that will make it more enticing for people to use. There is still a good deal of cleanup that needs to be done yet for that, as well as some things we need to support(such as a new skeletal model format we are implementing). There are some things in an experimental stage that will be very useful to modders/developers as well. It's all an ongoing process. It's funny that Vincent used the #7 (in hours) to chide us about the time spent on the game, this actually is the 7th year we've been working on it. Some people forget(or just don't know) that Alien Arena was actually released before any of the other FOSS games based on the id sources(August 2004).

Comment

Thanks for the update, good to hear.

- Gilboa

Comment

Working...
                      X