Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least 6x faster than my test system

Comment

It actually runs on my ancient X1900XT using fglrx 9.3... now that's kewl (~12fps @ 1280x1024). Ofc it would be even better if it'd run on the Gallium3d-driver. :>
      Originally posted by xpander View Post
      Linux:

Windows:
      Interesting. The linux-version seems to be slower on average, but the min-fps are actually twice as high as on windows.

Comment

The thread title is a bit ironic.

Unigine Heaven Shows What Linux Gaming Can Look Like: Slow as molasses :P

Comment

SLI Benchmarks with 285 GTX

Hi all, I've done some benchmarking to see whether SLI is useful with this benchmark. Short answer: no. Actually alternate frame rendering produces a HUGE performance drop, by a factor of 3 or 4; with split frame rendering performance is more or less the same as single-card rendering.
          Benchmarks results below:
          Single-card, no AntiAliasing (all other options at max)
          Single-card, 8x AntiAliasing (all other options at max)
          Split-frame rendering, no AntiAliasing (all other options at max)
          Split-frame rendering, 8x AntiAliasing (all other options at max)

I didn't even try to benchmark AFR as it was way too slow and produced distortions.
          Conclusion: the 285 GTX seems a bit struggling with this benchmark, and SLI is once more useless.

Comment

I can't even run the Unigine demo:

Code:
            b15hop@Enterprize_D $ lh
            total 24K
            drwxr-xr-x 2 b15hop b15hop 4.0K May 26  2009 bin
            drwxr-xr-x 3 b15hop b15hop 4.0K May 26  2009 data
            -rwxr-xr-x 1 b15hop b15hop  343 May 26  2009 fullscreen_1024x768.sh
            -rwxr-xr-x 1 b15hop b15hop  344 May 26  2009 fullscreen_1280x1024.sh
            -rwxr-xr-x 1 b15hop b15hop  343 May 26  2009 windowed_1024x768.sh
            -rwxr-xr-x 1 b15hop b15hop  344 May 26  2009 windowed_1280x1024.sh
            b15hop@Enterprize_D $ ./fullscreen_1280x1024.sh 
            ./bin/Sanctuary: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
            b15hop@Enterprize_D $
            I'm using arch linux though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
              It actually runs on my ancient X1900XT using fglrx 9.3... now that's kewl (~12fps @ 1280x1024). Ofc it would be even better if it'd run on the Gallium3d-driver. :>

Interesting. The linux-version seems to be slower on average, but the min-fps are actually twice as high as on windows.
              By the looks of things, the Linux version runs smoother, ie less slow downs. x)
              I'm going to do the AUR install for Arch64 Linux, so bare with me while I do a comparison to windows 7 64bit. Will take me a while to test both. I'm already expecting a better score in linux. xD

Comment

@b15hop

Thats unusual content of your dir, usually you have got:

x64_fullscreen_1920x1080.sh
                x86_fullscreen_1920x1080.sh
                x64_windowed_1024x768.sh
                x86_windowed_1024x768.sh

Most likely you try to run the wrong arch.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                  By the looks of things, the Linux version runs smoother, ie less slow downs.
                  I'd have to concur. It's been hanging pretty even at 23-24 fps on my desktop box and 18-ish on my new laptop. Considering how nice it looks on both machines...I'm fairly impressed even if I don't have the ability to turn tesselation on with either machine right at the moment.

Comment

Well I've just done some benchmarks in win7. Linux is giving much better min fps scores, but doesn't peak out as much as win7. I'm getting 90fps + peaks in win7 where as Arch linux peaks at 75 to 85fps. Dx10 and dx11 mode do look better than OpenGL, but maybe because of a driver issue. I notice some scenes don't even show in OpenGL compared to win7 dx 11 / dx 10 mode.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    @b15hop

Thats unusual content of your dir, usually you have got:

x64_fullscreen_1920x1080.sh
                    x86_fullscreen_1920x1080.sh
                    x64_windowed_1024x768.sh
                    x86_windowed_1024x768.sh

Most likely you try to run the wrong arch.
                    I ran the AUR install of heaven in Arch 64 so it all works now. As you can see by the other forum thread.

Comment

D3D9/10/11 and OpenGL look the same to me . Maybe some subtle differences, but I can't be bothered to look that closely.
                      Anyway, fglrx 10.2 is the only fricking driver I can run the demo. If I try other drivers Heaven runs slow as molasses and the program only detects half my video memory. The OpenGL4.0 driver worked fine for like one time, but when I ran the demo a second time it started chocking. Anyone experiencing something like this?

Comment

Working...
                      X