No announcement yet.

Unigine Heaven For Linux May Come Next Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Heaven demo does not have an OpenGL renderer, at least I don't remember the option being there last time I ran it on my Windows boxes. The older Tropics and Sanctuary do but those don't run either (again, because of damn .net).

Comment

Of course it has got an opengl renderer, from the webpage:

"Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL"

Also what file do you think did i investigate?

Comment

unigine needs dotnet or mono ?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mattmatteh View Post
          unigine needs dotnet or mono ?!?!
          I think (damned hope) they're referring to the windows version.

Comment

Well I hope if any games come out with tessellation support, that you'll be able to disable that option, as most users don't have these bleeding edge cards. Games can look very pretty without needing tessellation, even if it is somehow a superior rendering method.

Comment

Tessellation doesn't really add to it. There are other parts of rendering which are more important to allocate CPU/GPU time for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Since the demo does not run with wine - i tried to install the ms runtime + mono 2.6 a native client seems to be really a requirement. I really don't get why the engine was written with .net.
                Damn... almost felt sick reading this. Thought you meant the linux client needs the mono.net runtime.

Ran a few projects with .net in 2004 (sorry needed to earn money), but the fricking thing even choked on a singleton implementation... cost me 2 expensive days of debugging to find out it was a framework error.... First thing I'm gona do now is double checking the unigine engine about .net dependencies on linux
                Last edited by tmpdir; 12-19-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X