Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ryan Gordon Game Port Goes Into Beta

Phoronix: New Ryan Gordon Game Port Goes Into Beta

A game that Ryan Gordon has been porting to Linux for some time has just went into an open beta testing process. However, it's not Unreal Tournament 3 that went from being potentially one of the greatest games for Linux to an uncertain future to now being dead, but it's a much smaller game...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzgwNA

Fantastic news! 11 year old girls running gentoo are going to love this echo the dolphin / daikitana mash up!

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
      Fantastic news! 11 year old girls running gentoo are going to love this echo the dolphin / daikitana mash up!
      From what I've seen and read, this game should be good fun for grown up boys and girls too. I'll probably be buying a copy

Comment

Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
        From what I've seen and read, this game should be good fun for grown up boys and girls too. I'll probably be buying a copy
        Me too, looks like a fun game.

Watch the trailer!

Comment

I felt asleep while playing it for 1-2 mins

Comment

I tried it, but it runs TERRIBLY on my RadeonHD 4550. It runs worse than even Enemy Territory/Doom engine-based games. Aquaria ran at 1FPS all the way 'til the title screen, and it took about 4 minutes to drag the mouse over, click "Exit," and wait for the program to quit.

This is with today's git checkouts of Mesa, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, kernel 2.6.32, KMS, you name it. Most every other (3D) game I've tried works more or less perfectly, but Aquaria is completely unplayable.

Too bad -- the videos I've seen look stunning. I'd love to play this game, but it's just not possible.

Comment

Hmm, it seems fast enough on my HD 3200. The problem I have is that besides my character and one rock I can't see anything. And there's clearly stuff out there which my character is bumping in to. Hope Richard will fix this soon

Comment

Well that's the point of a beta release, I hope you've submitted bug reports.

I'll be testing it tonight on my Nvidia 9600GT.

Comment

Nightmorph, monraaf, did either or both of you have the experimental GLSL flag enabled in your mesa build ? Wondering if that explains the difference in your experiences.

Comment

I have 2 builds of mesa, one with GLSL and one without. Both give the same result here.

Comment

Working...
                    X