Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Game Comes To Linux And It's Not A FPS

Phoronix: A New Game Comes To Linux And It's Not A FPS

While quality native Linux games are rather in short supply, those that do end up coming out of the professional game studios end up being first-person shooters, just look at Doom 3, Quake 4, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Cold War, Unreal Tournament 2004, etc. Even on the open-source side there are many first-person shooters from Nexuiz to Warsow to many others...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzcwNw

Come on, for god's sake. Not again such a "mini game".

Comment

I prefer Dragon Age: Origins :P

Comment

Good.
        There is a player for every game.
        more available (games), more happy people.
        I don't like to reboot for "just to play some game".
        I hope that some day i'll not have to do it anymore (not because i quit gaming or switched to console)

Comment

Now what really lacks on linux is a AAAA race simulator, some kind of "racedriver grid" or "gran turismo"...

Comment

Not another FPS?! What the...

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
              Now what really lacks on linux is a AAAA race simulator, some kind of "racedriver grid" or "gran turismo"...
              Exactly, I'd love to play some good racing game on Linux.

Comment

I get:
                $ quantz
                quantz: radeon_mipmap_tree.c:117: compute_tex_image_offset: Assertion `lvl->size > 0' failed.
                Aborted
                $
                when I click on the "symbol" to start the game or if I want to skip intro by clicking the mouse. Kubuntu 9.10, ATI Radeon 9600 AGP 256MB - open source radeon driver version 6.12.99+git20090929.7968e1fb-0ubuntu1.

Anyone knows where to report this bug?

Comment

sounds good and looks interesting. unfortunately there's no amd64-build available, and the x86-build require a libxcb.so.1 which appears to be not included in gentoos emul-linux-x86-xlibs.

Comment

Sound is not always working here and when i use keytouch to change volume while in game i can not end it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X