Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transgaming Cedega 6.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    Is there a chance you will be testing a range of ATi and nVidia cards? I would also like to see Cedega stack up with actual Linux native applications if possible, like Doom 3 Linux vs Doom 3 on Cedega etc. I think there are already preconceptions on what the result is, but I'm still curious to see how it turns out.

    Also, 3dmarks benchmark would be interesting (XP vs Cedega).

    Some things to that effect are being worked on and will be out towards the end of this month or early next month.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Some things to that effect are being worked on and will be out towards the end of this month or early next month.
      Excellent. Excellent. Here's another suggestion: A benchmark of different Cedega versions. Definitely an interesting set of results to behold.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
        Excellent. Excellent. Here's another suggestion: A benchmark of different Cedega versions. Definitely an interesting set of results to behold.
        That might be difficult unless Transgaming sends over some of the old binaries.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #14
          Hmm... Transgaming would have the old binaries... pity that it's impossible then.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
            Is there a chance you will be testing a range of ATi and nVidia cards? I would also like to see Cedega stack up with actual Linux native applications if possible, like Doom 3 Linux vs Doom 3 on Cedega etc. I think there are already preconceptions on what the result is, but I'm still curious to see how it turns out.

            Also, 3dmarks benchmark would be interesting (XP vs Cedega).
            I believe the performance comparison would be "interesting". Some of the games will be performing as good or better on Linux. Some of them will be slightly weaker, performance-wise. This isn't to do with Linux being weaker or Cedega being way better than ports (which it's not...)- it has to do with the skills of the porting team doing the work. Not everything is done efficiently when someone does the porting work (All I need do is point to the Shogo:MAD and SiN ports to make THAT point...).

            Comment

            Working...
            X