Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Linux Is "Slowly Being Worked On"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Well, now that there won't be another unreal title for a few years, maybe that means UT3 is finally getting some attention.

    Comment


    • #62
      tbh I think that porting project is all dead. It's quite stupid to see that UT3 has a OpenGL version for PS3. And still no progress and tons of rumors about a linux version. What Icculus is doing it's unknown. Epic Games should ask to Icculus about the current state orther wise ask for partial refund of the porting cost (my speculation)...

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Setlec View Post
        tbh I think that porting project is all dead. It's quite stupid to see that UT3 has a OpenGL version for PS3.
        The PS3 version uses libgcm not OGL.

        Comment


        • #64
          I very much doubt Icculus is to blame for the delay.

          Also, wasn't he involved with the Mac port? Or is it delayed too?
          Last edited by whizse; 09-04-2009, 04:16 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Also, wasn't he involved with the Mac port? Or is it delayed too?
            Yes both are done by him. Both are MIA.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by eppe View Post
              Yes i can mount the dvd.
              and the game "works" with cedega.

              post back how well it works with CX!

              Cheers
              eppe
              Well, i wasn't able to get the DVD mounted so i left it in and rebooted the computer and it was mounted when i got back, must have been a fluke because i tried it again afterwards and it still wont mount so i got lucky!

              So i installed it in a bottle and it was fine, windows installer started up and it all seemed to go thought fine. (didn't get asked for the keycode which is a bit strange)

              I can get though all the crap! and on to the start screen but no joy after that just freezes and redraw stops....

              oh well

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Yes both are done by him. Both are MIA.
                Aha, I don't really follow Mac gaming, but I would guess there would be a lot more angry users waiting for the game in that community?

                (I don't really care for UT3 in itself, but there's a few interesting mods being developed for it.)

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by whizse View Post
                  Aha, I don't really follow Mac gaming, but I would guess there would be a lot more angry users waiting for the game in that community?

                  (I don't really care for UT3 in itself, but there's a few interesting mods being developed for it.)
                  Ya there are a bunch of ticked off mac users as well. Of course all posts reflecting such are immediately deleted from the UT forums.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Ya there are a bunch of ticked off mac users as well. Of course all posts reflecting such are immediately deleted from the UT forums.
                    freedom of speech sadly, doesnt exist on epic forums. Maybe its because epic China moderates it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      UT3 isn't worth waiting for. The dev team of one of my favorite UT mods said:
                      There just isn't enough interest in UT3 out there, and recruiting efforts for experienced coders are falling flat. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has fired up the game lately and looked in the server browser. UT3 just isn't bringing in the players. And of course that also translates into fewer folks willing to mod for the game.
                      (emphasis mine)
                      That team has since moved on to other projects. Perhaps we should do the same. UT3 was an Epic fail. I even saw a new copy of the Collector's Edition at a GameStop near where I live for $15. Maybe the next gen interation of the UT franchise will be more successful. Who knows.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                        freedom of speech sadly, doesnt exist on epic forums. Maybe its because epic China moderates it.
                        nah, i don't think so but would be an excellent excuse.They just don't wanna take responsibility over the ports... I feel like that i was one of the idiots who gave money for such crappy game...

                        Is it worth to buy UT2004?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          well if you bought UT3 after they promised a port and they aint gunna give us a port. I say steal UT04. I dont advocate software theft but what bugs me more is a broken promise.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            my pride and ethics don't allow me to steal softwares/Games.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                              my pride and ethics don't allow me to steal softwares/Games.
                              Two words: Thank. You.


                              As for UT3 being worth it or not...heh...ghost-towns have more appeal right at the moment from what I understand.

                              As an aside, Epic seems to be okay with selling UT2k4 over on GoG.com as at least a Windows install- which means they're still going to keep servers going for a while yet to come. To be honest, while the previous iterations were a bit more fun than 2k4, I'd bet money there's still quite a bit of a community and I would wonder if GoG has enough permission to make the Linux version also available.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                                well if you bought UT3 after they promised a port and they aint gunna give us a port. I say steal UT04. I dont advocate software theft but what bugs me more is a broken promise.
                                Why bother? I'd rather show 'em that UT2k4's more preferred and we're staying there awhile if I'm going to have interaction with their product and the community associated with it. Moreover, what you propose kinda runs against many of the tenets of the Linux community.

                                If you're not going to play with 2k4, skip 'em altogether. They missed that train and they're going to have to ship with a simultaneous released version of UT4 for Linux, and have it be a bit more compelling than UT3 was or have a raftload of to be released games for Linux from licensees, for me to be interested with anything of theirs at this point in time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X