Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Phoronix: Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

S2 Games may not be as well known as id Software or Epic Games, but what distinguishes them from most of the other game companies is that they actually support Linux. With S2 Games' Savage 2, for example they provide a Linux-native game client...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to request a beta key so I can try out this new game.
    Thanks!

Comment

I would like to request a beta key, as I'm an expirience Linux Gamer. I have much time to test (holidays).

EDIT: And because I'm like Chuck Norris and eat bee's for breakfast!
      Last edited by dopehouse; 22 July 2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

beta key

hi

I would like a beta key for the game because I haven't played many games that have a native linux client.

Most of the games I play on linux I play with wine and there are many issues.The games becomes unplayable with different wine versions or with driver versions(I have an Ati video card).

So maybe this could be a start for native linux games

Comment

I would like to request a beta key, go go go!
          We need to more games in linux!!!

Salu2...
          masch...

Comment

Beta key

I would like a beta key. I love RTS games but have a hard time finding any good ones for linux.

Comment

(I do not need a key, I am in the beta program)

The NDA allows you to talk about the game, but not to post media.

Heroes of Newerth is based on the concept of DotA, but enhances it, has nicer graphics, more community features and is standalone. In the closed beta, they focus on the game in general, on the engine and the ports to Linux and Mac, while more new content not found within DotA will be added until release.

If you want to know more about DotA, read THIS article on Wikipedia. And again, it is only based on that concept, so ignore the screenshots from that article. The game looks *much* better.

Comment

i'll be happy to try a (finally) new great game for my beloved linux

Comment

Always been a fan of S2 games, and Warcraft and DotA (although on wine) and it's nice to see they still choose to support out platform.

Would be most delighted to try it out if you could send an invite.

Comment

I have got a new cpu to test, so a nice game would not hurt If you have got one key left i would test it.

Comment

Working...
                    X