(Quake) Arena Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Quake) Arena Live

Hi, linux gamers are waiting to play with Quake Live, but now we can play Quake in our browsers, Arena Live is a nice online FPS base on quake, it free and fun.

Andr?

What the crap is this game and why is it just openarena stuck in a linux browser plugin and why is it motivated for the lack of QuakeLive plugin for Linux that's bound to come anyway? Zealousism 'linux before windows' motives in this project than anything involving dedication and love of games. Can't really say that it shows any promise. There's hardly a benefit to turn a free game into a browser game. (Unlike QuakeLive, which is a limited, ad'd up free version of Quake3 which is still sold by id software)

On a positive note though, it does make a good framework for interactive visualizations of environments. With multiplayer. A better use out of this would be a simpler, water gun based game for everyone to enjoy, with optimized assets of its own rather than drag a huge 300mb violent and booby game over into the browser cache.
    Last edited by leilei; 07 July 2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leilei View Post
      On a positive note though, it does make a good framework for interactive visualizations of environments. With multiplayer. A better use out of this would be a simpler, water gun based game for everyone to enjoy, with optimized assets of its own rather than drag a huge 300mb violent and booby game over into the browser cache.
      Heh... I'm thinking more along the lines of World of Padman done up that way...

Comment

Yeah, every former q3 mod turned standalone game should get the browser treatment:

WoP Live.
        Urban Terror Live
        True Combat Elite Live
        Enemy Territory Live

Comment

or maybe bind them all together. FOSS Live!

Then release the windows client late due to legal issues.

Comment

LINUX LIVE!!! Your own entire operating system on a browser!!!! Oh wait, that's already been done, it's called Google OS.

Comment

Just that Google Chrome can not run any plugin yet

Comment

Datacenter LIVE. Run a datacenter from a web browser!

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                  Then release the windows client late due to legal issues.
                  let them get jealous first and then after a long dev coding winter you launch the windows version. Oh"and forget to make a IE X.X version too!

Comment

Delaying a Win or Mac version is no good idea. It would just show that multi platform apps/games are much harder to archive than single plattform apps. For me i like multi platform apps because you can focus on the app not on the os. I have got my own Linux distro, of course i like when an app/game can natively run on it, but others may just like parts and therefore those should run everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X