Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake Wars Pre Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quake Wars Pre Order

    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646561

    Did you pre-order?

    Reserved a copy already for Phoronix testing.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

  • #2
    This game should be on anyone's list who cares the slightest about 3D and/or gaming on Linux. I may buy two copies .

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll wait for UT2007 personally.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Synergy6 View Post
        I'll wait for UT2007 personally.
        For some reason I'm not all that keen on ut2k7. I think quake wars looks more fun, provided they worry a bit more about game play than just graphics. Either way, it will all pan out in the wash.

        Comment


        • #5
          Linux Client

          has there been Solid confirmation that there will be a Linux Client? Or Will this be another Prey?

          Even though I am confident there will be. just want to make sure Are they including the installer on the CD/DVD or will it be another download?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by smp-freak View Post
            has there been Solid confirmation that there will be a Linux Client? Or Will this be another Prey?

            Even though I am confident there will be. just want to make sure Are they including the installer on the CD/DVD or will it be another download?
            It's confirmation. I don't know if it will be a download or not.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Considered the popularity of ET. It's likely there will be Linux client eventually as many of the ET players (in Linux) will want to move on to ET:QW.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well a Splash Damage guy said in an interview that they are working on it but that it will be released as a download some time after the retail release. i already preordered and i don't really mind playing on XP until the linux client gets released personally.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646561

                  Did you pre-order?

                  Reserved a copy already for Phoronix testing.
                  Gotta wait until the first check from my new consulting gig gets in, but yeah... And, I've finally got a laptop with enough ooomph to actually PLAY it with... (Well, it's the reason I'm a little short on budget- needed to buy it to do the new gig in the first place... >:-) )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Gotta wait until the first check from my new consulting gig gets in, but yeah... And, I've finally got a laptop with enough ooomph to actually PLAY it with... (Well, it's the reason I'm a little short on budget- needed to buy it to do the new gig in the first place... >:-) )
                    Good luck on your new consulting work.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Good luck on your new consulting work.
                      Thanks! The one that pays the bills will be doing scientific analysis software for spectrometers- stuff that is supposed to run on Windows, MacOS, and Linux, specifically. I need an OpenGL workhorse to do the work. Once that ball is rolling, I should be on to the next game porting project (Can't tell you all- but I will need the laptop since I'm still sort of on the road, and it's one that can do the work nicely enough... And hopefully we won't have a repeat of the logistics snags that plagued Ballistics and Bandits as a result... )

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Open Beta!

                        I doubt there will be a linux version made available at this point but SD is doing a Open Beta through fileplanet with keys to be sent out sometime this week. Sadly this probably mean release will be August at the earliest imo.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, August at the earliest: http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=247
                          Michael Larabel
                          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            TTimo on the linux client http://community.enemyterritory.com/...6&postcount=12 (scroll down a bit) no client in the box to be expected i guess. On the other hand there definetly is a linux client . BTW the beta runs fine in Wine with some patches. And the game rocks imo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like the Beta but it needs some tweaks and fixes here and there. Vehicle driving feels a bit unrealisitc and some textures are much lower than other ones. But I think the release version will have these problems fixed and then there are no as may newbies as there are in the beta.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X