Quake Wars Pre Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I like the Beta but it needs some tweaks and fixes here and there. Vehicle driving feels a bit unrealisitc and some textures are much lower than other ones. But I think the release version will have these problems fixed and then there are no as may newbies as there are in the beta.
    Newbies are a sure thing in the beta like you mentioned, since skill is not taken into account during the application process. Once the game is released the gaming community will segregate itself based on skill just like any other game.

Comment

There are no high rez textures in the game to preserve bandwidth. My biggest gripe with the beta is hitdetection bud SD already commented that that's a known bug. As for the newbies, "Attack the Objective" damn it

Comment

Quake Wars is now delayed until early September -- http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=263
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

At least this will give NVIDIA and ATI more time for Linux driver optimizations.
          Yes that's right and I bet AMD/ATI will optimize for this game in this new text file you've found with 8.39. Does it do anything at the moment or is it just a preparation for the new OpenGL driver?

Comment

Yes that's right and I bet AMD/ATI will optimize for this game in this new text file you've found with 8.39. Does it do anything at the moment or is it just a preparation for the new OpenGL driver?
            Seems to be prep work.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

With Beta 2 coming this week, I hope that Windows betatesters also get a chance to test a Linux client. Beta 2 has impressing changes btw..

Comment

DLing Beta 2 now. Too bad there's still no open Linux client. I could try playing it with Wine :P

Comment

DLing Beta 2 now. Too bad there's still no open Linux client. I could try playing it with Wine :P
                  There is a Linux beta client, it's just not open to everyone.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

That's why I said "no open Linux client" :P

But fglrx would destroy my game experience I think, maybe that's why the Linux client is not open.

Comment

But fglrx would destroy my game experience I think, maybe that's why the Linux client is not open.
                      Not for much longer
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Well Beta 2 is coming Saturday. New map and a lot of fixes. Hopefully an already good game will turn great now. Oh i forgot and new keys if anyones interested
                        Last edited by Raven3x7; 08-03-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Not for much longer
                          someone has a new beta driver

Comment

What do you thought why Michael is supporting AMD, Sun and creates community sites like this one? To get new roadmaps, betas and information. Yeah that rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Not for much longer
                              Hmm.. This could mean something , getting me a little excited hehe.

Comment

To be honest, at first I thought "this is not a game made for me". I've never played ET, I had always prefered CS, and I have never played Quake (only Nexuiz here and then). But I loved the Battlefield Series and have 1942 and 2142. ET: QW is not easy if you only know Battlefield etc., but I now am really amazed of the game and think that I will buy the final version, which of course is in German, too

HL2 should get an OpenGL render and Linux support, because I have to be able to play www.kzmod.com ...

Comment

Working...
                                X