Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve To Launch Native Linux Game In July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he is a fanboy; Let him be a fanboy. Taking people from both sides of an argument creates a debate.

Steam can drop your games at any time. And has. Not from joe blow but good ole L33F3R. Yup, I figured HL2 EP1 was a good deal at 9.99. I bought it and then a few weeks later it was gone. Contacted steam and they said I never purchased it. I had deductions from my paypal account to prove it. Steam was useless, support took a frigin week so i filed a paypal complaint. Steam never responded to it and paypal ended up giving me what looked like a standardized phrase basically saying that I cant base whether or not I purchased a product on how i like it. For 9.99 it was a waste of my time. This only happened once, i have purchased many games from steam before without issues.

Other times I would have games download to 99% and then just stop. This was much more common.

Most commonly, it would say a game is currently unavailable. When others would be playing it.

Steam would sometimes say my account did not exist or I used the wrong password.

THE LIST GOES ON

and none of this wine compatibility bullshit, this was WIN-XP Pro, no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXX View Post
      Seriously pfunkman, just stop posting your crappy steam fanboyism...
      The thing about "EULA/ToS/ToU" your wrote is total bullshit.
      With normal games you don't rely on some online service to unlock all your files. And they cerntainly don't reserve themselves the right to lock you out from using the game...
      Even if they did it wouldn't be legal in this jurisdiction...
      And if they sell it here, they're subject to the local jurisdiction...

And offline play for steam does not work when you really need it (like when your modem breaks down) with 90% certainty.
      Fanboy? Seriously the problem with zealots like you guys is anything i say contrary to your beliefs automatically makes me a fanboy no matter what.

Go read some EULAS so you dont sound like such an idiot please. Find me a single game with online play that dont have a clause to deny you service for any reason. Steam dont deny you service to your single player games they have the offline mode...

Seriously this baseless, ignorant, circle jerk, steam bash going on here is pathetic. You guys sound like a bunch of raving morons making ridiculous claims and then backing it up with "because i say so".

You guys kill me. Im a fanboy and your all so right

Funny how not one of you can post a single screenshot or anything to back up your FUD. Pretty funny, eh.

Comment

Not Found

The requested URL http://steampowered.com/forums/ was not found on this server.
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at phoronix.com Port 80

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
          Not Found

The requested URL http://steampowered.com/forums/ was not found on this server.
          __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at phoronix.com Port 80
          Thats not the URL for their forums...

Comment

Please stop making words.

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
            Fanboy? Seriously the problem with zealots like you guys is anything i say contrary to your beliefs automatically makes me a fanboy no matter what.
            To be fair, your abrasive manner and obvious contempt for those with whom you're conversing paints you in a less than stellar light yourself. Perhaps if your desire to be taken seriously is so strong, your behavior should reflect that? Phoronix isn't 4chan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
              To be fair, your abrasive manner and obvious contempt for those with whom you're conversing paints you in a less than stellar light yourself. Perhaps if your desire to be taken seriously is so strong, your behavior should reflect that? Phoronix isn't 4chan.
              Yeah my abrasive manner is so unlike the guarded attitude towards anyone who dares disagree with these guys. I disagree once and get labeled a freaking "steam troll" how juvenile can you be with insults like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                i dunno, in some threads around here i it almost seems like this could be 4chan. its kinda obnoxious.

Comment

Yeah my abrasive manner is so unlike the guarded attitude towards anyone who dares disagree with these guys. I disagree once and get labeled a freaking "steam troll" how juvenile can you be with insults like that?
                  your justification only serves to prove his point.

instead of deciding to act like a troll just because you were labeled one you could have approached it more calmly and rationally. doing the former just makes you appear all the more like you are a troll.

Comment

Thats not the URL for their forums...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/
                    well then it wouldn't come up as an error would it?

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      well then it wouldn't come up as an error would it?
                      I dont get your point. You entered an invalid URL and it means what?

Comment

Working...
                      X