Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve To Launch Native Linux Game In July?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    But I wouldn't expect Brazil to be buying many games anyway. I just had a Brazilian buy a pokemon game from me the other day. Up until now all of my sales have come within the USA and Canada (oh and 1 Mexican).

    Regardless of that fact, its not like you are going to mail them the game. Publish a whole box, manual ect. for linux and mac? good luck. Perhaps you can do that with mac on some titles but with linux you have better chances of catching a fish in the sahara.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      but with linux you have better chances of catching a fish in the sahara.
      Still better then the leafs winning the cup anytime soon.

      Comment


      • #43
        What's wrong with the leafs? :P

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          What's wrong with the leafs? :P
          Heh, I think they own the trademarks "Fishing in the Sahara" , "Next year.." and "FOOOOOOOOORE!!!".

          Comment


          • #45
            nahh nahh. leafs aint gunna get a win till they broke. as long as they can pay 10 grand for seats they dont need to win.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              nahh nahh. leafs aint gunna get a win till they broke. as long as they can pay 10 grand for seats they dont need to win.
              Linux is gone:

              http://store.steampowered.com/app/900804/

              This all turns out to be postponed for indefinite time or dropped alltogether :-/

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                If it's listed on steampowered.com, it will be avaible trough Steam. The 31st of July will be an interesting day. And yes, Postal III was confirmed for Linux, too, not only once, and is coming out through Steam, too
                What's far more interesting than the fact that they will release it on steam (World of Goo was also released on through steam and had a native linux version, still there is no linux version of steam....)
                , is the fact, that postal 3 is using the source engine...

                http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=11428

                I was not able to find a statement that they release a linux version though. Not on the games website, not on the forum, nowhere.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by MAXX View Post
                  What's far more interesting than the fact that they will release it on steam (World of Goo was also released on through steam and had a native linux version, still there is no linux version of steam....)
                  , is the fact, that postal 3 is using the source engine...

                  http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=11428

                  I was not able to find a statement that they release a linux version though. Not on the games website, not on the forum, nowhere.
                  http://www.omgpcgames.com/content/view/45/37/

                  OMG! PC Games: What systems will Postal III be released on?
                  Vince Desi: Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Mac and Linux.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Heh, I think they own the trademarks "Fishing in the Sahara" , "Next year.." and "FOOOOOOOOORE!!!".
                    Sorry, "Next Year..." is owned by the Cubs.

                    BTW - RWS is only releasing on steam to get around the import bans that always seem to happen with their games. Apparently using cats as silencers and getting the clap from your "experience" with rednecks doesn't go over well with most politicians.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                      Apparently using cats as silencers and getting the clap from your "experience" with rednecks doesn't go over well with most politicians.
                      true but its not like people would vote for L33F3R if he was running for public office.


                      or would they.....

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X